Chickenpox outbreak in Sheffield?

Yeah - it was my first time, not a pleasant experience I can tell you !!!

I think I was about 7 when I got them, can't remember how bad they were, but I do have a lot of scars left, mostly on my sort of rib cage area x

My mates kids have just had em. All four kids in 1 month. Hardwork lol.

How many of your kids have got chickenpox?

My middle daughter started 3 weeks ago, then my eldest just got the one spot on her elbow the lucky git, and now the babys got them too (we're at Norton Lees). The school says there is no outbreak there, hardly anyones had them.

My cousins step daughter (Gleadless) says they're all round her school and now shes got them too.

My friends children at Handsworth and Woodhouse have them, and my auntie says they're going all round the playgroup she runs at Birley.

Are we having an epidemic? :o:hihi:

you sure it's chicken pox? I heard scabies is also rife in some parts.

you sure it's chicken pox? I heard scabies is also rife in some parts.

Chicken pox and scabies are very different diseases - they are very easy to differentiate.

Every year there is an outbreak of chicken pox around this time. The incubation period is usually 2-3 weeks (the sufferer will show symptoms 2-3 weeks from being infected.

Meersbrook Bank have had a few........:(

I know of 2 in Chapeltown one of them being my grandson.

quite a few off with it where i work - goes around every year at this time , problem is the illness is infectious for a few days before the spots appear so they have probably passed it onto to others before anyone knows they have got it. In my experience with my three children, the younger they catch it the better .

This is the biggest non thread I've ever read. This is about as newsworthy as the Sheffield Star. Chicken Pox goes round every year. I had it when I was small. The younger the better so they can build up an immune system.

This is the biggest non thread I've ever read. This is about as newsworthy as the Sheffield Star. Chicken Pox goes round every year. I had it when I was small. The younger the better so they can build up an immune system.

Of course, but from what I've been hearing its worse this year than ever before, kids even catching it when they haven't been near any other kids (however that happens)

Just wondering if it was not as bad as it seems, and if it was just my smaller group of friends affected, or if it was kind of all over Sheffield as I had heard it was, not just confined to a particular area or school at one time, it obviously didn't go around our school or area last year, or the years before that, or my kids would have had it then, wouldn't they? :)

It did the rounds in Woodhouse before Christmas

At least getting it so young H's scars should fade well