Makes Me So Mad

When I was pregnant people kept asking me what I was dong with the dog, shes so dirty and there will be hair everywhere! So? :lol: Didn't bother the other kids!

We have a parrot as my husband's boss was getting rid of him due to the dust on his feathers when she was pregnant, apparently they make children very, very ill, no problems with him either!

We had similar remarks aimed at our Boa Constrictor. As with you we had no problems. Kids a bit thinner but otherwise he's healthy.

We had similar remarks aimed at our Boa Constrictor. As with you we had no problems. Kids a bit thinner but otherwise he's healthy.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I would seriously consider losing the Goldfish Leesha, they're capable of pulling small children into a tank.

i couldn't help but giggle at this as well :hihi::hihi::hihi:

i nearly spilt my tea over my laptop because i found it so funny

Read the GoldFish comment and quite literally spat out sweetcorn everywhere!!! Lol!!

Yep, the Goldie is the most dangerous ... going to have to keep an eye on that fella ...

I'm 36 weeks pregnant, due the 2nd May. I have 2 doggies (a Great Dane and a Chihuahua), 2 Cats and a Goldfish.

I am sick to death of people (family and friends) telling me I need to 'get rid' of my Animals because I'm having a baby. The cats will apparently smother her, the Dogs will bite her etc etc.

I can whole heartedly say my pets are going NO-WHERE!!!

i agree love i have 2 kids and when i got my pup which i have waited 3 years for all they did was moan and moan i just turned round and told them to jog on i love my kids and my dog i think alot of people dont realise the reasponsiblity of having a pet and when it gets to be a bit of hard work the pretend they are pregnant as my next door neighbours did its been over 9 months a no new kids is around must be worlds longest pregnancy lol gd luck with your new bundle of joy Leesha

I don't get the mentality either. I have had upwards of 30 rats brought to me over the last few years because people are pregnant and can't cope.

A really good friend of mine breeds fancy rats and 4 types of snake (no, not for food...), she also has cats, inverts and guineapigs.

She's just had a baby, and guess what - she didn't need to rehome a single animal.

I have 34 rats (And 15 baby rats), a hamster and 3 cats. My boyfriend is terrified of the rats. And as much as I love him, Would i ever consider rehoming the rats because he's afraid of them? Would i ********. I'd sooner rehome him (and he knows that :hihi:) - because the rats were there first.

Edited by lillyland
to clarify that i have 15 baby rats, not 15 babies o_0

You cant say off the cuff that everyone who re-homes dogs for pregnancy etc are cruel/callous/irresponsible/bad human beings. Its all very well casting these aspursions around but you cant possibly know the pain it causes. how can you compare re-homing a dog to a baby...? get real!

I had to do this recenlty and it broke my heart.

You cant say off the cuff that everyone who re-homes dogs for pregnancy etc are cruel/callous/irresponsible/bad human beings. Its all very well casting these aspursions around but you cant possibly know the pain it causes. how can you compare re-homing a dog to a baby...? get real!

I had to do this recenlty and it broke my heart.

No one has said that they are cruel, all they have done is relate their own story and that they have not had to consider nor would they consider letting their pets go.

I agree with you. It's hard enough to lose one under normal circumstances but to have that forced on you for one reason or another must be awful.

Read the GoldFish comment and quite literally spat out sweetcorn everywhere!!! Lol!!

QUOTE]

I bet your dane happily cleaned up for you?! Mine do, even if I try to stop them, they just have to try and beat the cocker to it :P

just found this ad while looking on gumtree for a dog crate Hiya we have a bitch staffy (brindle) free to a loving and caring home, she is 5 yrs of age this month but sadly we no longer have time for her as expecting our 3rd child, not suitable for mating, how ridiculas is this poor dog is getting the boot because they cant wear a jhonny

just found this ad while looking on gumtree for a dog crate Hiya we have a bitch staffy (brindle) free to a loving and caring home, she is 5 yrs of age this month but sadly we no longer have time for her as expecting our 3rd child, not suitable for mating, how ridiculas is this poor dog is getting the boot because they cant wear a jhonny

That poor dog is is probably more capable of being a mother than her owner is..

That poor dog is is probably more capable of being a mother than her owner is..

:thumbsup::thumbsup: