Makes Me So Mad

If people only dealt with legitimate rescues and shelters surely the rush to advertise in newspapers and the likes of facebook would diminish wouldn't it or am I being naive?

I do not think the rescues cold cope if everyone just handed the dog over to them, they really should be a last resort not a solution. I also feel the less places the dog is passed onto the better, if they can be rehomed from the owner it must be better for the dog.

I could never give up my dog and I do find it heartbreaking that some people seem to have no responsibility to their pets. I would be distraught if I was in a position that I had to rehome.

I do not think the rescues cold cope if everyone just handed the dog over to them, they really should be a last resort not a solution. I also feel the less places the dog is passed onto the better, if they can be rehomed from the owner it must be better for the dog.

I could never give up my dog and I do find it heartbreaking that some people seem to have no responsibility to their pets. I would be distraught if I was in a position that I had to rehome.

An intelligent answer but in the same token, if the outlets were not available i.e. if advertising animals for sale in papers, facebook and similar was either illegal or had to meet certain conditions it maybe that the problem would be eleviated considerably.

making advertising illegal wouldnt stop ppl breeding it would jus force thm to sel the pups on the streetin the pub or wherever else.

there isnt an answer i dont think it can be stopped

An intelligent answer but in the same token, if the outlets were not available i.e. if advertising animals for sale in papers, facebook and similar was either illegal or had to meet certain conditions it maybe that the problem would be eleviated considerably.

I have thought about this. However I think the people really don't care and the dog would just be put out to roam and be picked up by someone or the warden. They only put them on the sites in the slim chance they can recoup some money back for the problem they no longer want. It would be interesting to see the % of how many dogs are actually rehomed through the adverts.

It also makes me wonder if rescue /pounds/rehomers are also part of the problem, just like the adverts. Would it make any differance if the law was made dogs cannot be passed on but if no longer wanted or found roaming with no ID must be put to sleep? It happens already though people like to ignore this fact, they cling to the idea that their old dog will live happy ever after when they cannot be bothered with it.

Edited by Evei

It also makes me wonder if rescue /pounds/rehomers are also part of the problem, just like the adverts. Would it make any differance if the law was made dogs cannot be passed on but if no longer wanted or found roaming with no ID must be put to sleep? It happens already though people like to ignore this fact, they cling to the idea that their old dog will live happy ever after when they cannot be bothered with it.

It's possible that destruction will or even should be the answer. I don't know figures but most if not all rescues appear to be full and are at the top of a bottleneck. Maybe they are doing more harm than good in the long term. They don't come close to solving any problems really. King Canute springs to mind.

I'm glad of private rehomes via preloved etc - that's how I got my dog after becoming utterly fed up of rescues having stupid rules like you must have a 6 foot solid fenced garden, you cannot have a job, we don't ever rehome with cats, we need your entire life history and all your plans for the future until you get to the point where you feel like you're some unworthy person :confused:

I'm 36 weeks pregnant, due the 2nd May. I have 2 doggies (a Great Dane and a Chihuahua), 2 Cats and a Goldfish.

I am sick to death of people (family and friends) telling me I need to 'get rid' of my Animals because I'm having a baby. The cats will apparently smother her, the Dogs will bite her etc etc.

I can whole heartedly say my pets are going NO-WHERE!!!

I am moving house in 2 weeks - crazy this late on in pregnancy, but I wanted to make sure we could find somewhere to rent that accepted pets, I would have gladly moved on my due date if it meant taking my pets with me.

A pet is for life, yes, my dogs might get jealous or be aggressive when baby arrives, but you know what?? I would never put my child, or my pets in a situation where something could happen. And I would work hard to correct the behaviour.

I love my animals and will never consider rehoming them, ever!!

I grew up with 2 Great Danes and 2 Dobermans, they never hurt me, they were never in a position where they could have. I am a responsible dog owner.

My Dane has been much more protective of me me these past 6 months, she knows I'm pregnant and loves nothing more than sitting with me, paw over bump!! Lol!! She's going to be a great family dog, I can already tell.

Nope, it drives me mad that poor pets are discarded as new 'interests', be it baby, fella, or another pet is introduced. It makes me sick.

I would seriously consider losing the Goldfish Leesha, they're capable of pulling small children into a tank.

I'm 36 weeks pregnant, due the 2nd May. I have 2 doggies (a Great Dane and a Chihuahua), 2 Cats and a Goldfish.

I am sick to death of people (family and friends) telling me I need to 'get rid' of my Animals because I'm having a baby. The cats will apparently smother her, the Dogs will bite her etc etc.

I am moving house in 2 weeks - crazy this late on in pregnancy, but I wanted to make sure we could find somewhere to rent that accepted pets, I would have gladly moved on my due date if it meant taking my pets with me.

A pet is for life, yes, my dogs might get jealous or be aggressive when baby arrives, but you know what?? I would never put my child, or my pets in a situation where something could happen. And I would work hard to correct the behaviour.

I grew up with 2 Great Danes and 2 Dobermans, they never hurt me, they were never in a position where they could have. I am a responsible dog owner.

My Dane has been much more protective of me me these past 6 months, she knows I'm pregnant and loves nothing more than sitting with me, paw over bump!! Lol!! She's going to be a great family dog, I can already tell.

Nope, it drives me mad that poor pets are discarded as new 'interests', be it baby, fella, or another pet is introduced. It makes me sick.

i had the same thing & i didn't listen to them nether

i even had a pet duck...... but i did take him to a wildlife reserve

as i didn't think it was hygienic to have a duck with a new baby

they was very pleased with him as he was a rare ornamental drake

& used him for a breeding project :):thumbsup:

Edited by fabcakes

I would seriously consider losing the Goldfish Leesha, they're capable of pulling small children into a tank.

:hihi::hihi:

My sister had to move the goldfish out of her son's room when he was small cos it kept him awake at night splashing and shouting bob.:hihi:

When I was pregnant people kept asking me what I was dong with the dog, shes so dirty and there will be hair everywhere! So? :lol: Didn't bother the other kids!

We have a parrot as my husband's boss was getting rid of him due to the dust on his feathers when she was pregnant, apparently they make children very, very ill, no problems with him either!