Mobile phone found

I wonder if she'd fallen out with the owner and sent somebody else round?

Even if it was someone fetching it for someone else, they should have still said thanks...:(

I reunited a phone lost at Meadowhell with its owner in Cambridge. Likewise a grunt. A smile would have done but at least I'd done my good deed for the day :)

I once did this (it was only a cheap phone too) and the guy bought me a pack of cigs to say thanks.

I wish somebody had done it with my wallet a couple of years ago (must have lost it in graves park - although I might have thrown it in the bin accidentally with some rubbish). Would have gladly given a tenner to save me cost of replacing drivers license etc.

just a thank you would be nice

if you'd kept it, that'd be theft by finding, and it'd have been blocked anyway

Maybe not.

I once did this (it was only a cheap phone too) and the guy bought me a pack of cigs to say thanks.

I wish somebody had done it with my wallet a couple of years ago (must have lost it in graves park - although I might have thrown it in the bin accidentally with some rubbish). Would have gladly given a tenner to save me cost of replacing drivers license etc.

Thats bang on. The cost of replacing lost d/licences is ridiculous. Not to mention waiting for new bank cards etc and getting new pins. If I lost my wallet or phone, I would be so grateful to get it back, even if theyd just taken any money out. I would deffo say thank you and buy the finder a bit of summat. (bit of summat......now theres a sheffield saying!)

Even if it was someone fetching it for someone else, they should have still said thanks...:(
I think you've misread my post - I didn't say anything about the owner getting it back under those circumstances

I once found a (very expensive) mobile phone in the street

after ringing half a dozen people on its last calls list, we gave up and handed it in to the police

everybody we'd rung seemed to be both aged and in a restaurant. no amount of explanation could persuade any of them that THEIR mobile phone should be able to tell them whose phone I was calling from

Six months later we got a letter apologising for the length of time it had taken to track us down, but as the owner of a restaurant, the mobile phone owner would like to offer us a free meal for two. I've still no idea how he found out who we were

nice one

someone who was thankfull

Same thing has happened to me. I found a full filofax, complete with driving licence and bank cards in it, basically someone's entire life in a book.

Rang the contact number to tell the owner I'd found it. She asked if I could bring it round to Woodseats, so I did and got the quickest of "thanks" when she grabbed it and then closed the door.

I wasn't expecting Jim Belushi levels of reward but even an offer of a few quid for petrol wouldn't have hurt.

But three weeks ago, noticed an old fella drop £20 in a bar in Liverpool. Being an observant Yorkshireman I let it hit me on the back of my head then gave it him back. He offered to split it with me in drinks for the duration.

Edited by alchresearch