Why not this much celebration on St. Georges day??

Because I prefer my sources to be reliable and corroborated.

I cant imagine anyone would be filming at the time of a party or driving to happen to catch the police coversation. Other than that I cant imagine what proof there would be. Your very silly.

Ive never mentioned the IRA or anything like that, apologies if your comment wasnt in relation to me.

It wasn't, apology accepted

I cant imagine anyone would be filming at the time of a party or driving to happen to catch the police coversation. Other than that I cant imagine what proof there would be.

A news report, a copy of the police report, any response to an official complaint made to the police, or any of various other things would constitute evidence.

Given the number of trolls that are known to exist on the Internet at large, posting rubbish stories for no other reason than to stir up trouble, most people are cynical enough to refuse to take stories at face value no matter how honest the person telling them might actually be.

Rubbish. Ireland was essentially neutral during the war with Hitler, the fact that some misguided individuals went along with his warped ideals, many more made their way to England and fought against him as part of the British Army.

Yes, including my dad. Many Irishmen did. Face it, lots of English people have Irish blood and vice versa, as you would expect from 2 countries with such an intertwined history.

Characterising the Irish as all being terrorists is ridiculous and extremely bigoted.

To be honest I would absolutely love a big celebration of St George's day (and St Andrew's and St David's). I love a party!

To be honest I would absolutely love a big celebration of St George's day (and St Andrew's and St David's). I love a party!

There will be an enormous celebration of all things English this summer, but it won't be on St. George's Day, since we still aren't a Catholic nation. It will be the Diamond Jubilee; people are being encouraged to organise street parties and all manner of celebratory events.

Only if you'll be there, I've already been to certain cities in Ireland in the seventies and eighties, five tours to be exact, are you getting the picture? MORON. If you had seen what I've seen you would think different.

you are labouring under the belief that people out there are all hardcore supporters of the Irish. It's just a good excuse to get drunk, don't read so much into it.

A news report, a copy of the police report, any response to an official complaint made to the police, or any of various other things would constitute evidence.

Given the number of trolls that are known to exist on the Internet at large, posting rubbish stories for no other reason than to stir up trouble, most people are cynical enough to refuse to take stories at face value no matter how honest the person telling them might actually be.

I cant imagine why telling someone about being told to take a flag down by myself or damien666 would be classed as trolling. What a sad place this forum is when individuals like you and sibon would rather argue the toss rather than believe someone.

Guest sibon
I cant imagine anyone would be filming at the time of a party or driving to happen to catch the police coversation. Other than that I cant imagine what proof there would be. Your very silly.

I'd imagine that if this was a routine occurrence, then there would be court cases about it. Either involving people who refused to remove their flags, or people suing the police for making them do so. There would be plenty of press articles too. I repeat, it is not an offence to fly the flag of St George in England.

A random bloke saying something on the internet isn't credible evidence though.

Because I prefer my sources to be reliable and corroborated.

Are you calling me a liar?

Guest sibon
I cant imagine why telling someone about being told to take a flag down by myself or damien666 would be classed as trolling. What a sad place this forum is when individuals like you and sibon would rather argue the toss rather than believe someone.

No. It is basic common sense and high standards.

You want me to believe something, then give me some proof.

I'd imagine that if this was a routine occurrence, then there would be court cases about it. Either involving people who refused to remove their flags, or people suing the police for making them do so. There would be plenty of press articles too. I repeat, it is not an offence to fly the flag of St George in England.

A random bloke saying something on the internet isn't credible evidence though.

I pity you, what a sad world you must live in where your reaction is to disbelieve someone rather than believe them, have you been constantly lied to since childhood or something?

Guest sibon
Are you calling me a liar?

No. I'm saying that your evidence is neither reliable nor corroborated.

Is that clear enough for you?:roll: