Why not this much celebration on St. Georges day??

The IRA attempted to broker a deal with Hitler during WWII. Many Nazis fled to Ireland after the war.

There were many accounts of English people goosestepping in their blackshirted BUF uniform through many communities in England in the 1930's.

Guest sibon
tell me why we don'tcelebrate st davids day or st andrews day, and st georges day, no theire freedom was won by terrorism, have a chat with nelson mandella, freedom can be won by legal and true ways, today your drinking too and with the ira

The people in town are choosing to be there. What right do you have to tell them what they can and can't do?

tell me why we don'tcelebrate st davids day or st andrews day, and st georges day, no the IRISH freedom was won by terrorism, have a chat with nelson mandella, freedom can be won by legal and true ways, today your drinking too and with the IRA,

I'm pretty sure nelson mandella was involved in what many would describe as terrorism.

The people in town are choosing to be there. What right do you have to tell them what they can and can't do?

I assume he doesnt agree with hypocrytical people or just pathetic individuals who care nothing for their own country or its celebrations.

the people in town are choosing to be there. What right do you have to tell them what they can and can't do?

yeh!! Traitors to this country

I assume he doesnt agree with hypocrytical people or just pathetic individuals who care nothing for their own country or its celebrations.

It's part of our tradition not to celebrate our Saints day, it's a Catholic tradition not a Church of England thing.

It's part of our tradition not to celebrate our Saints day, it's a Catholic tradition not a Church of England thing.

And your missing the point AGAIN *sigh*

I'm pretty sure nelson mandella was involved in what many would describe as terrorism.

You'd be right. But since the IRA do not, never did, and never will represent Ireland as a whole, it is an act of insanity to claim that taking note of St. Patrick's Day is being offfensive to the English on those grounds.

yeh!! Traitors to this country

Why don't you go into the city centre tonight and tell them that and then tell us how you got on, if you still can?

You haven't made a point yet. Unsubtantiated claims, libelling a moderator and incoherent rants, yes, but no point.

OK to clarify then, you don't have an issue with people not supporting St George's day? Your only issue is that you feel people shouldn't adapt other foriegn countries celebrations?

There were many accounts of English people goosestepping in their blackshirted BUF uniform through many communities in England in the 1930's.

There still are. They're called the BNP, NF and EDL.