Why not this much celebration on St. Georges day??

Explain why on every journey on my way to work I always see a few English flags flying?

Explain how that means on st georges day last year people werent asked to take flags down? :loopy:

its the celebrating of the IRISH day by ENGLISH people I have a problem with, eg face painting, fancy dress etc.....

Here y'are then.

You're welcome.

Does it often bother you when you see other people having fun?

If you read a previous reply of mine then clearly not.

Here y'are then.

You're welcome.

Oh dear my little cherub. If you dont understand then thats your problem no one elses.

Explain how that means on st georges day last year people werent asked to take flags down? :loopy:

So you accept that it is legal to fly the English flag, but you believe that it's only on St George's day that people aren't allowed to fly the same flag?

So you accept that it is legal to fly the English flag, but you believe that it's only on St George's day that people aren't allowed to fly the same flag?

Im telling you that on St.Georges day last year we and many others were made to take our flags down.

Im telling you that on St.Georges day last year we and many others were made to take our flags down.

I'm telling you that during the last world cup I saw thousands of English flags flying, so maybe the problem wasn't the flag but it was you?

I agree with this. Whether St.George was English or not you are stupid if you are English and celebrate an Irish tradition. Simples.

i agree with this. Whether st.george was english or not you are stupid if you are english and celebrate an irish tradition. Simples.

well said!

I'm telling you that during the last world cup I saw thousands of English flags flying, so maybe the problem wasn't the flag but it was you?

Ive also witnessed on St.George's day people being asked by police to take down flags, so you going to start on me telling me theres a problem with me now as well? Im a family person and we were having a BBQ and received a knock at the door saying our flag was causing offence. Stop jumping to conclusions about people on here!

Ive also witnessed on St.George's day people being asked by police to take down flags, so you going to start on me telling me theres a problem with me now as well? Im a family person and we were having a BBQ and received a knock at the door saying our flag was causing offence. Stop jumping to conclusions about people on here!

OK, so we've proved that people are allowed to fly the English flag. So what is being suggested is that we're not allowed to fly the flag on St George's day?

Edited by JFKvsNixon
Spelling as usual!