The catfish hunt begins again

am going to have a drive up at weekend so will fill you in!!

Sound mate, I had a nice surprise this morning. Heard a knock at door, was city link delivery, with a parcel for me??? I opened it to find a greys prodigy fully loaded tackle box, i couldnt work out why id got it. Turns out id sent a question regarding catfish to anglers mail a couple of months ago, n theyve printed it as letter of week, so i won tackle box, so i went n bought anglers mail, got a nice size article, with some good catfish advice. Bout time i won sumat lol, hope i can send them a pic of my first cat this year

Sound mate, I had a nice surprise this morning. Heard a knock at door, was city link delivery, with a parcel for me??? I opened it to find a greys prodigy fully loaded tackle box, i couldnt work out why id got it. Turns out id sent a question regarding catfish to anglers mail a couple of months ago, n theyve printed it as letter of week, so i won tackle box, so i went n bought anglers mail, got a nice size article, with some good catfish advice. Bout time i won sumat lol, hope i can send them a pic of my first cat this year

you lucky so and so :)!!! :hihi::cool::D have spoken to my mate whos fished it loads of times last summer, he fishes for carp and caught a 24lb cat on the method feeder, he says he used to stay til later than 6 but he didnt know exact closing times. he also said that he had plenty of carp out of their but none over 12lb.

ive been up to have a look this afternoon, it is a lot smaller than i anticipated, the pegging looks a bit tight aswell wouldnt like being on it if there was a few people fishing, there is a sign saying it closes at 6 but spoke to a couple of regulars and they said they have fished later than this. there was a couple of blokes fishing and i was speakinh to one who was fishing the method and he said he had a couple of carp around 6lb each.

Might b worth a couple of evenings when nights get lighter. Did he say wot swim he got the cat? From wot I've heard they usually patrol the same areas

no but he is goimg to come up with me for a session in next couple of weeks!

let us no how u get on pal

Just had a look at astons website, it says that they do 24 hours for £20, is this the same pond with the moggies in?

ive had a look on google and cant find a website for these ponds, the only website i could find was aston park fisheries which is on the same site but theres 4 or 5 lakes owned by somebody else. dont think none of these have got cats in though and didnt even think you could night fish any of them as they were mainly match fishing, although i know the lilly pond used to be a specimen lake with big carp and bream in until alex the owner renovated it and changed it into a match lake.

Thats the one i went on pal, the aston park fisheries, ive never been to aston ponds, so i thought it was the same place. On the homepage of the site, in left hand corner there was a circle that said specimen hunters click here, so i did n it brought that lily pond up and said book now for 2012 24 hour sessions, ï¿¡20

yes they are different ponds mate, dont know about stocking levels bur know there are odd big carp and bream still in so he must be advertising it back to specimen hunters