Cost of ringing hospital patients ?

Has anyone recent experience of ringing patient phones in the Hallamshire? Last time I know it cost about 75p a minute, but I have been given a 0114305 phone number to ring, which would appear to be normal call rates.

I'm not sure about that number, it may be the ward station? Or things may have changed. Last time I had a relative in there, I got them some credit as it worked out about 90% cheaper for them to phone me, if I recall correctly.

Thanks for reply. You would think charges would be displayed somewhere.

Has anyone recent experience of ringing patient phones in the Hallamshire? Last time I know it cost about 75p a minute, but I have been given a 0114305 phone number to ring, which would appear to be normal call rates.

If the number starts with 0114, it should cost the same as calling any other 0114 number (so it might be free in your "inclusive minutes").

The sheffield code is 0114, not 01142 it was changed a number of years ago to make sure Sheffield did not run out of phone numbers. The Sheffield NHS was one of the first big organisations to start using the new 3 prefix rather than the 2 which has confused an awful lot of people.

So to answer your question you can call the 0114 305**** number at your usual rate whether that be off a mobile or any other type of telephone line.

Hope this helps.

Does the patient have a mobile?

Can you now use mobiles in wards?

Does the patient have a mobile?

Can you now use mobiles in wards?

There's no law against it but they'd rather you didn't, as miobile signals could interfere with vital medical equipment.

patientline charge about 35-50p a minute for incoming calls to patient beds. disgusting rip off along with the £5 per 24hrs for tv whether you watch it or not.

Use a mobile. You dont think the doctors & nurses dont do you?

The patient phone things are merely a money making scheme

The company that runs the phone and TV networks in hospital is called Patientline, have a look for more info on their website.

There's no law against it but they'd rather you didn't, as miobile signals could interfere with vital medical equipment.

erm its a well known fact but thats just bull they dont interfere at all never did was just a load of crap so you would have no choice but to use patientlines phones.

so they say, I once saw a report from america that said there was no detrimental effect on equipment.

I'll be taking mine when I go in for an op later this year!