Where do both Sheffield clubs draw their support?

What do they think about the new market on the Moor? :hihi:

What Market on which Moor.

ooh god dont start him off again :o

Shut thi gob.

Or even Hambledon House for that matter

Flatten it they might find an old cup that United have won underneath.

I'll say oner thing I have seen quite a few Chinese folk at Hillsborough this season.

For the last three seasons the group of Chinese sat behind us, on the Kop, has grown to around twelve.

Interesting topic.

A lot of Blades I've met seem to think that they attract more fans from within the City, and Wednesday attract larger support from outlying areas.

This may well be true, as it is impossible to know...however, I know owls from all over Sheffield, whereas the only Blades I know all tend to be from south Sheffield.

I know large groups of Owls fans from Beighton, Birley, Intake, Woodhouse, Woodseats and Arbourthorne.

However, I very much doubt that large groups of Blades mates come from Stocksbridge, Chap, PX, Walkley etc. (this is only my opinion).

I also know many Blades from Retford, Chesterfield, Rotherham etc so this dispells the myth that they are the 'Sheffield' club.

In response to the original post, the support is generally geographical, however family ties is also very relevant (although my Dad is a massive Blade and I'm a massive Owl...long story).

Amongst youngsters nowadays it will obviously be more even and less about geography, but overall I think most would agree that north Sheff is Blue, South Red. with pockets all over the place.

United had a large following in Parkgate (Rotherham) in the early 80s’. Does anyone know if that is still the case?

I sit next to a family from Doncaster, whose perents moved from Sheffield in the 1960s'.

Geographically Wednesday would proably get the North and West of Sheffield and United the South and East, but numbers and percentages, nobody knows ! Many support the club their father or even their mother supports if they take them, some kids follow their mates ..... catchment areas do have a bearing and Hillsborough is a well populated area, but then Bramall Lane is nearly in the city centre so arguably has the biggest catchment area of the two clubs, and is very well served by public transport.

Some people will travel to a ground further away, but if you took it on a straight catchment area scenario, it goes like this.

SUFC - go south and you hit Chesterfield football club, go east and you hit Rotherham United, go north and hit hit SWFC, west is the pennines, so that is the catchment area.

SWFC - go south and you hit SUFC, east and you hit Rotherham, but north gives you a huge stretch out towards huddersfield in one direction and Barnsley in the other, a much bigger area. Again west will hit the pennines.

So in terms of having a bigger pool of people to draw from, SWFC have it.

Interesting topic.

A lot of Blades I've met seem to think that they attract more fans from within the City, and Wednesday attract larger support from outlying areas.

This may well be true, as it is impossible to know...however, I know owls from all over Sheffield, whereas the only Blades I know all tend to be from south Sheffield.

I know large groups of Owls fans from Beighton, Birley, Intake, Woodhouse, Woodseats and Arbourthorne.

However, I very much doubt that large groups of Blades mates come from Stocksbridge, Chap, PX, Walkley etc. (this is only my opinion).

I also know many Blades from Retford, Chesterfield, Rotherham etc so this dispells the myth that they are the 'Sheffield' club.

In response to the original post, the support is generally geographical, however family ties is also very relevant (although my Dad is a massive Blade and I'm a massive Owl...long story).

Amongst youngsters nowadays it will obviously be more even and less about geography, but overall I think most would agree that north Sheff is Blue, South Red. with pockets all over the place.

I know Blades from all those areas, one of them from Parson Cross posts on here.

It's all who ever thi fatha supports, if you let your son support the other lot never mind where you live then they arnt feeling the real passion....I don't think it matters so much these day's where you live as any right minded dad would make sure there son supported the same as you even if you had moved from say Hillsborough/Bramall Lane...

I know Blades from all those areas, one of them from Parson Cross posts on here.

And 1 Blade who used to post

I personally know at least 5 family's there who are 100% Blades

And 1 Blade who used to post

I personally know at least 5 family's there who are 100% Blades

I grew up on the Arbourthorne and there were as many Owls at (Arbourthorne School) as there were Blades fan's.