Customer Drop-In Around £78million Overhaul To Iconic Sheffield Sewage Work

I'm not in favour of dropping into a sewage works.

Had to visit them on a school trip, the rest of the school got to go to the woods but a few of us with hayfever and the like got the sewerage works, I'm still traumatised now.

Not all of them were built by prisoners of war, and next to such a feat of engineering that showed them to all entering the city on it.

Yes, they were iconic.

I didn't know that, can you expand?

It would be interesting to hear if any jobs are being created by the scheme, and if so what kind of jobs, and if they're recruiting from the local area.

The work will certainly have a positive impact on the local economy and we expect around 200 people will be employed throughout the course of the scheme, within various different areas of construction. A priority for us will be to ensure that local suppliers also benefit and we will be looking to source materials such as scaffolding and concrete from people local to the area. In addition, Aecom, who are based in Tankersley were tasked with designing the new works.

Had to visit them on a school trip, the rest of the school got to go to the woods but a few of us with hayfever and the like got the sewerage works, I'm still traumatised now.

A midden-life crisis?