Good places to go for 50ish people?

We all live in a society with a steadily aging population and so even if this is an old post it may still be extremely relevant to a lot of people.

I'm probably more than half way through my life and so consider myself at times to be reasonably old. I decided though I wanted to try something new so found a centre doing computer studies, it was interesting, I met quite a few nice people and it gave me a new avenue of interest.

Originally posted by hazel

what's the elephant thing, is it a sort of coded message that I don't understand---- "is it cos I'm old "

PS

Geoff was very good to me and actually took time to email me, when i had difficulty registering I didn't realise at the time how busy he was so thanks Geoff.

The elephant thing - my impression it was a bit of superstition or something (nowt wrong wi that) :) It was mentioned originally by a mod, in good humour :)

I have had communications with Geoff in the past, and he's always been cool:thumbsup:

Very off topic - but how do moderators become moderators? Do they just email Geoff and say, 'I'll like to be a moderator please' or are they chosen... one day they log on and there is a mysterious new message in their PM inbox inviting them to join the elite...?

Hello Lily Laguna - love the name, hope you've not been scared off. I'm a fifties lass alone too. Do you like walking - i.e. proper Yorkshire walking? I do it but having torn a cartilege (don't ask) I'm awaiting an op so haven't walked for a couple of months. I belong to a really nice little walking group that meets first Sat each month. There are about 10-12 of us (women and men) and aged 30s to 70s. If this sounds implausible, it's also about the conversations along the way and the pub/meal at the end. Hope to hear from you,

the doc who ain't cross