Good places to go for 50ish people?

Originally posted by muddycoffee

Good places to go for 50ish people?

Why don't you try sheffield united ground. I think they can just about manage 50 seats.

:hihi: That's what I thought the title meant :hihi:

You youngsters!!! Just you wait in not so many years you'll be remembering fondly your hi jinks and your thirties. It can be a problem for people in their 40's and 50's finding venues where they feel comfortable. I'd take up ballroom at the city hall tea dances if i didn't have two left feet.

A friend of mine was in her 50's and found herself single and very lonely, she had spent most of her adult life bringing up a family and so hadn't held down a paid job in years. She went to a second hand shop and volunteered to man the till three afternoons a week, it was amazing how many gentlemen asked her out and she found a new circle of friends with the other staff and several of the regular customers.

Originally posted by msbehavin

:o

I have had this Geoff thing at the back of my mind for a few days now - even spoke to a mod at a meet recently and he has never seen him either

I though all potential mods had to meet Geoff, I believe there is some strangeness with an elephant that has to be undergone before Mod status is assigned :D

or is it just an urban myth :hihi:

Strangeness with an elephant---------what could that be?

Is it like the Masons?

Do all Mods swear allegiance to Geoff?

Hazel

Originally posted by hazel

Is it like the Masons?

Hazel

Hazel, I didn't know the Masons had to do the elephant thing, is that where the funny handshake comes in:P

BTW I had a PM from Geoff and he's a very helpful person..so there. Hail to the Leader :nod:

Originally posted by hazel

Is it like the Masons?

Hazel

I read it in a thread ages ago, something to do with a model elephant. Have just done a search for 'mod elephant' and nothing was found:suspect: :hihi:

Why oh WHY was this thread dragged up? :rant:

what's the elephant thing, is it a sort of coded message that I don't understand---- "is it cos I'm old "

PS

Geoff was very good to me and actually took time to email me, when i had difficulty registering I didn't realise at the time how busy he was so thanks Geoff.

Originally posted by t020

Why oh WHY was this thread dragged up? :rant:

Just don't read it if you're not interested! :loopy:

K x

Originally posted by Kristian

Just don't read it if you're not interested! :loopy:

K x

It's not as simple as that unfortunately. When I clicked the thread and started reading it through, I didn't look at the date, but the fact that it had been dragged up meant I was reading something that is now completely irrelevant - the person asking the question did so 2 years ago. My precious time was wasted reading the first few posts before I realised the dates.

Originally posted by t020

My precious time was wasted reading the first few posts before I realised the dates.

He He! I'm gunna get billed for that time am I? :hihi: