Dating Agencies ! Do they work ?

Yes,that's true janie48!

How long have you been with your partner?

Twenty two years happy years Shane,but not in this world now.

Come on you know wev'e been teasing you,but you did ask for it.:)

Iv always felt there's something a bit fishy about dating agencies,do they have a special catch of the day at reduced rates or do just cast in and hope for the best ?

This is an unfounded assumption-many people can be fulfilled without a partner.

Since when have you been known as janie48?

Bugger off!

Twenty two years happy years Shane,but not in this world now.

Come on you know wev'e been teasing you,but you did ask for it.:)

Sorry to hear that janie48!

I can sometimes be like a bull to a red rag...Well,not really(bulls are colour blind)

I don't see what the hang up is with people regarding on-line dating.

From personal experience(and i expect to get slaughtered for this) and apart from my present partner,i have not met a sane professional woman online!

I aint perfect,and i have a stressful job,but i don't drink myself silly.Or pop anti-depressants for the fun off it.

Iv always felt there's something a bit fishy about dating agencies,do they have a special catch of the day at reduced rates or do just cast in and hope for the best ?

Haha!

Depends what you are after.

Plentyoffish costs nowt! And theres shoals of em just waiting for you to cast your net.

Sorry to hear that janie48!

I can sometimes be like a bull to a red rag...Well,not really(bulls are colour blind)

I don't see what the hang up is with people regarding on-line dating.

From personal experience(and i expect to get slaughtered for this) and apart from my present partner,i have not met a sane professional woman online!

I aint perfect,and i have a stressful job,but i don't drink myself silly.Or pop anti-depressants for the fun off it.

Be Happy and have fun.:)

Edited by janie48

What about all the people that do though ? like the Guardian dating site for clever folk etc. or online ones where you can choose your partner ?
Maybe for clever folk, or maybe - remember it's the Guardian - it's a case of 'Lefty type pseudo-intellectual seeks similar low-achiever with elevated opinion of self-worth, gender unimportant'. Well, it worked for Halibut - the only surprise being his partnership with a female. Edited by Bartfarst 12

Maybe for clever folk, or maybe - remember it's the Guardian - it's a case of 'Lefty type pseudo-intellectual seeks similar low-achiever with elevated opinion of self-worth, gender unimportant'. Well, it worked for Halibut - the only surprise being his partnership with a female.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Tickled me pink!:thumbsup:

Maybe for clever folk, or maybe - remember it's the Guardian - it's a case of 'Lefty type pseudo-intellectual seeks similar low-achiever with elevated opinion of self-worth, gender unimportant'. Well, it worked for Halibut - the only surprise being his partnership with a female.

allegedly...

allegedly...
I'm sure he still yearns for a dabble in hairy man regions.

Are dating agencies a way of saving money or are they expensive.when I used to go on the pull I would target a young lady and take note what she drank,I then asked her if she would like a drink ,if she went upmarket that usually meant they were after a cheap night out if they asked for what they were already drinking it meant they were interested up to that point and you had a "canvas" to work on..you cant weigh that up from not meeting the lady initially.How the hell are you supposed to weigh up personality from a photo..still needs as must ..smacks of desperation though.

I have had a look at a few dating agencies and my general opinion is steer well clear. Why pay for something that you eventually get for free ?