Grocery Shopping Online

we have had the shopping delivered for a few years now and find it a real money saver as you don't impulse buy.When we first started we would order the fruit and veg but found that it had a very short shelf life so we just stick to buying groceries.

My Daughter and Mum in law live very close so we do everyone's shop and have it brought to our house and split the delivery charge

Thats a fab idea, at least you can take more advantage of the offers like '3 for £3' that way, rather than finding yourself buying 3 of a certain item when you only really wanted one, and you end up wasting money!

Sounds like a plan, I may just get stuff for my freezer and food cupboard then just leave the fridge to fresh stuff with short shelve lives that I can buy at the shops in person, that way I can be sure of a good balance of quality and value.

Edited by Speed Demon

And of course, you get a running total, so you don't get a nasty shock at the till. If you've spent more than what you budgetted for, you can remove things from the virtual trolley, without feeling like an idiot at a real till :)

Yes, I have had loads of times when I have been at till and either forgotten something so I leave the cue or I feel guilty because I have put too much stuff in that I cant afford.

Just did an online shop with Ocado. First delivery is free, and I got a £20 off voucher. Everything that I ordered turned up, and was in perfect condition. I booked a time slot 5pm - to 6pm and he turned up at exactly 5pm. I can't fault it in any way. And it is soo much easier than spending 2 hours at a supermarket.

If you spend over a £100 delivery is free at Sainsburys on a tuesday, wednesday and thursday.

I had a delivery from Tescos last week. I was taking advantage of the half price cat food and ordered tonnes of it. Sadly when it arrived half the order was missing and they'd subsituted over 200 pouches for 16 ??? I've also got some subsitutes - from what I can tell from the extremely confusing receipt I have ended up paying far more than if I'd gone in person to do the shop. Had to pay £3.50 delivery charge. Now need to take some of the order back to the shop to get a refund .... not sure I'll try it again. Certainly not with Tesco anyway.

I use Asda online, no problems with them, I've got a favourites, so it's pretty easy to just go through them each time..

I have had problems with email and passwords, and the verified by visa..:rolleyes: but hopefully that's sorted now..:)

I have tried all of them at some point, no real problems apart from when I first started (can't remember whether it was Tesco or Asda) - I had about 42 bottles of milk delivered! (ordered only 1):hihi: Suspect it was my fault! - they did take them back though.

About the best for customer service was Iceland - though they don't actually do on-line any more - you have to physically fill your own trolley in the store, and then they deliver - and i think it is free, though you have to spend about £25 I think. I once had a delivery from them, and some crisps were on BOGOF. After I had un-packed the shopping, I noticed that there were no free ones. Rang them up and they apologised profusely and said they would send someone out with them. I said it didnt matter that much, as I was going out and would pick them up in store another time. I went out, came back and the crisps were in a carrier bag hung on my back door handle! So top marks for Iceland!

The real bonus of having it delivered is not having to pack it, then having to lug it up the drive, making about 3 trips. By the time I have done all that, after walking up and down every aisle in the supermarket - I'm knackered!