Washing machine not draining

cleared the trap - a zip tie, small piece of white plastic and tonnes of fluff came out.

I've done two loads of washing, but had to sit and empty the drum via the trap each time. Otherwise it's working fine - filling / washing / spinning. Just not draining.

Any other diy things I can try before I call out a technician ? Guessing it's got to be a blockage somewhere

cleared the trap - a zip tie, small piece of white plastic and tonnes of fluff came out.

I've done two loads of washing, but had to sit and empty the drum via the trap each time. Otherwise it's working fine - filling / washing / spinning. Just not draining.

Any other diy things I can try before I call out a technician ? Guessing it's got to be a blockage somewhere

Well if you have removed all that rubbish from the filter trap its possible there is still a piece of rubbish trapped in the pump rotor, stopping it from rotating and emptying the water.

thanks - I'll have a google and see if I can work out if it's possible to clear.

Weighing up whether we should buy a new one as it's about £70 to call someone out I think

Easy to fix, I have done it to mine a couple of times. Unplug it, take the back off, look for the pump, it will be pretty obvious as it will be connected to the drum area via a pipe and have the water outlet pipe coming out of it. Loosen the clips that hold it on, tip the coins or curtain hooks out then stick it all back together. It took me all of 10 mins to do the second time and no longer than 30 mins the first time and I had not idea what the problem was when I first did it. Worst bit was the water on the floor!

Edited by neeeeeeeeeek

oh super ! thanks for that ... will get OH on the job :D

Recently had the same problem.

I retrieved 50p, 2x20p and 2p.

Just shows my wife doesn't go thro' my pockets!

think last time ours was blocked it was due to a 20p piece

It could either be money blocking it or my friends akj pipe was blocked with wash powder what had set in middle of pipe

had it upside down this morning and found a 20p piece in the piping by the drain / pump !

Now back together and doing a trial wash

Thanks for your advice guys ... fingers crossed :) :)

yay !! it is back in perfect working order :)

any problems anyone has with a domestic appliance dont hesitate to contact me