Bathroom Extract Fan With Roof Vent

Hi all,

Looking into installing an extraction fan for the bathroom, which has lots of trouble with moisture, looked at using a core drill to vent through the wall to outside but...

started thinking how easy would it be to instead fit a ceiling fan and extract through the ceiling and then out of the roof?

I've got a slate tile roof and seen slate look a like vents but not sure how you fit these exactly, anyone have any idea or advice?

Cheers

The other option is to still core through the wall but in the loft space, this is asuming you have a gable end and the roof line is not all eves.

The problem with retro fitting a fan in the bathroom straight through the wall is the wiring as you need to get a feed to it from an isolator, this could mean disturbing tiles etc...

So it would be best to fit in the loft and vent through the wall or the tiles.

There are several types of tile vent, check out screwfix to give you an idea.

Agree with Sam. You could vent out of the side if you have a gable wall or vertically through a lead slate with tube and mushroom cover.

I can sort this but you'll need an electrician also.

Its not a hard job to fit a roof vent.

You need to find out if its natural/manmade slate.

Or what type of tile.

The best way is to ask the plumber/electrician to take a sample down to a roofing merchants ( I use Siddals).

hello if your fitting a fan on the ceiling and venting it straight out of the roof you need to be carefull of condesation running back down the ducting in to the fan and collecting in the fan causing faults and burning the fan out. i would go for one cored through the wall save your self alot of trouble cheers jim

Hi all,

Looking into installing an extraction fan for the bathroom, which has lots of trouble with moisture, looked at using a core drill to vent through the wall to outside but...

started thinking how easy would it be to instead fit a ceiling fan and extract through the ceiling and then out of the roof?

I've got a slate tile roof and seen slate look a like vents but not sure how you fit these exactly, anyone have any idea or advice?

Cheers

Hi

http://www.mjb-electricalservices.co.uk

Mored than happy to take a look & quote

Many thanks

Matt

Hi,

Could come out tomorrow and give you a quote, 25 years experience, David 07769811995 or 2305858

------------------------------------------------------

Floor2Ceiling