15 shisha bars in sheffield?

I've just had an interesting discussion with a couple of our lads (white, Parsons X, btw) who frequent these bars, and they confirmed that the law is pretty widely ignored.

However, what they told me I actually found encouraging and confirmed the final paragraph in the FT article I linked to earlier.

Supporters warn that clamping down on shisha could in itself do unintended damage to businesses that style themselves as multicultural melting pots. “Shisha used to be an Arabic cultural thing and now it has moved on,” said Mr Balusu. Students, tourists, devout Muslims, British-born people of different ethnic backgrounds, [they] all do this.”

"Multicultural melting pot", I like the idea of that. The positive societal benefits of such places can only outweigh any negative health issues by a very large margin imho.

However, we can't have rules being applied differently, or ignored in certain cases. The best solution is to allow certain registered pubs to allow fags as well, or at least ignore the law in equal measure with pubs.

I've just had an interesting discussion with a couple of our lads (white, Parsons X, btw) who frequent these bars, and they confirmed that the law is pretty widely ignored.

However, what they told me I actually found encouraging and confirmed the final paragraph in the FT article I linked to earlier.

"Multicultural melting pot", I like the idea of that. The positive societal benefits of such places can only outweigh any negative health issues by a very large margin imho.

However, we can't have rules being applied differently, or ignored in certain cases. The best solution is to allow certain registered pubs to allow fags as well, or at least ignore the law in equal measure with pubs.

Sounds reasonable enough to me.

jb

I've just had an interesting discussion with a couple of our lads (white, Parsons X, btw) who frequent these bars, and they confirmed that the law is pretty widely ignored.However, what they told me I actually found encouraging and confirmed the final paragraph in the FT article I linked to earlier.

Is it just the law on smoking indoors or is it also what is being smoked? :suspect: ie- more exotic and aromatic substances?

Shock ,horror ,someones having a smoke. . :rolleyes:

Simple as pal. If I can't have a fag in a pub, even in a specially designated room, why should others have that right?

Many have said that these cafes only smoke outside. I have been provided with the details of a few and will be investigating over the weekend. Any found to be allowing smoking indoors will be reported to the council and police.

So how is it that they get away with it?

Because they are Asians,innit.

Oh one of those. Tony Erikson the type of person that thinks he is more cleaver than his own good, commenting and quoting just about every post. Pffft.

Then again there are a few trolls on here heh.

Oh one of those. Tony Erikson the type of person that thinks he is more cleaver than his own good, commenting and quoting just about every post. Pffft.

Then again there are a few trolls on here heh.

I'm not a cleaver.

Simple as, one rule for all. If any of these places are flouting the law, I think it only right they are reported.

Troll. I'm the only person on this thread to have provided the facts.

And why shouldn't justice be equal by the way. Why am I "one of them" for wanting the same law applied equally? What is "one of them" by the way.

Also, how do you compare someone wanting the law applied equally to a homophobe as you did yesterday? I'm really interested in your logic.

Edited by Tony Erikson

why do you instantly presume they aren't complying with the law?

because we all know he hates everything to do with those nasty brown foriegn asian types

because we all know he hates everything to do with those nasty brown foriegn asian types

Do I? Do you have any proof of this? Is this because I dislike Islam Mel? We have gone through this before and still you can't tell me what's racist about disliking Islam, along with all other organised religions.

I've provided the facts. If these places are allowing smoking indoors, they're breaking the law.

Do I? Do you have any proof of this? Is this because I dislike Islam Mel? We have gone through this before and still you can't tell me what's racist about disliking Islam, along with all other organised religions.

I've provided the facts. If these places are allowing smoking indoors, they're breaking the law.

and people have said they smoke outdoors

people have shown links to places in the news that HAVE been closed down

but you still refuse to listen and carry on banging on about it, been and visited some and had a look for yourself? instead of relying on your own deep seated prejiduces?

What is a Shisha Bar? Is it like what the caterpillar smokes in Alice in Wonderland?

and people have said they smoke outdoors

people have shown links to places in the news that HAVE been closed down

but you still refuse to listen and carry on banging on about it, been and visited some and had a look for yourself? instead of relying on your own deep seated prejiduces?

They have provided details of ones and I shall be visiting them on Saturday. This is about Sheffield cafes, the ones linked to were not in Sheffield. Prejudice, deep seated, you know so much of me mel. Where's the prejudice in expecting equality if the law is broken.

Now, again, seeing as you're big enough to use the word. What's racist about disliking Islam? Don't you too dislike Islam Mel? I was going to try the post where you specifically told me that last week but you make too many posts. Why aren't you a racist mel?