15 shisha bars in sheffield?

I hate to be a pendant, but I am.

I hate to be a pedant but if you were a pendant you'd be dangling from someone's neck.

again, for tobacco. As I understand it, tobacco has been repleced with herbal.

You didn't read all of section 6.

The Health Act 2006 states that 'smoking' refers to smoking tobacco or anything which contains tobacco, or smoking any other substance. It includes being in possession of lit tobacco or of anything lit which contains tobacco, or being in possession of any other lit substance in a form in which it could be smoked.

The smoking area of the shisha bar featured on tonight's Look North was outdoors, and it was mentioned that it was covered by the exact same rules as smoking tobacco.

I would prefer it to be legal for people to smoke what they want, where they want, subject only to the permission of the owners of the premises, and with consideration and common courtesy for non-smokers like myself.

John Stuart's "Harm Principle" should apply and not the interferences of some nanny state imho

the council and police have no balls against certan areas of our community:rant:

I hate to be a pedant but if you were a pendant you'd be dangling from someone's neck.

:hihi: Best laugh on here in ages!

I nearly cackled!

As I understand it, that law was braught in so that non smokers would not have to suffer second hand smoke. Shisha places are there for one purpose, and that is to smoke the shisha.

With this in mind, whats the point in banning it for places designated for this? that aside though, you people wanting them closed should mind their own business and stop spoiling other peoples fun.

You are as bad as those people that protest homosexuality. Just gtfo and leave people alone.

As I understand it, that law was braught in so that non smokers would not have to suffer second hand smoke. Shisha places are there for one purpose, and that is to smoke the shisha.

With this in mind, whats the point in banning it for places designated for this? that aside though, you people wanting them closed should mind their own business and stop spoiling other peoples fun.

You are as bad as those people that protest homosexuality. Just gtfo and leave people alone.

Whilst I agree that people should be allowed to do what they want, and I personally dislike the smoking ban, I think the gist of the complaints are the double standards employed.

Remember that pub that invented the "smoking research centre"? Invented with the sole purpose of enabling people that wanted to have a fag and a pint simultaneously. The customers smoked, the owners smoked, and the workers smoked. No non-smokers were involved.

It was shut down.

Again, what are the double standards exactly? the smoking ban was to prevent people getting cancer and whatnot from the chemicals in cigarettes.

Shisha has no such chemicals.

Again, what are the double standards exactly? the smoking ban was to prevent people getting cancer and whatnot from the chemicals in cigarettes.

Shisha has no such chemicals.

British Heart Foundation today has been warning about the health risks of shisha bars. One hour on the pipe is as bad as smoking 100 fags apparently.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c2cae11c-6e05-11e1-b98d-00144feab49a.html#axzz1p89lISsE

That aside, since I am not bothered if people want to kill themselves slowly, the double standards, it is claimed, is that both shisha bars and smoking pubs are illegal but only one is being policed. I would prefer both to be legal.

I have no idea if this claim is true since I have never been in a shisha bar, and the one on Look North was outside so looked legal. But others may have more knowledge.

Edited by quisquose
Added link