Can you stop the leaves from falling off the trees.

No this is not a wind up.

It's a serious question that the head teacher has asked the caretaker at my local Junior/Infants school. The actual question was and I quote, Is there any way you can stop the leaves from falling off the trees. This is from supposedly educated woman, teaching the young and future generation.

Short of getting the Super Glue out. NO:hihi::hihi::hihi:

You can solve the problem of leaves falling in the schoolyard, by replacing all deciduous trees with evergreens. I suspect that's not the answer that was required, though.

I'm fairly confident that it's impossible to prevent a deciduous tree from shedding its leaves.

You can solve the problem of leaves falling in the schoolyard, by replacing all deciduous trees with evergreens. I suspect that's not the answer that was required, though.

I'm fairly confident that it's impossible to prevent a deciduous tree from shedding its leaves.

Evergreens still shed their leaves, or needles or whatever you want to call them.

jb

I think you should ask her what 5 + 3 x 0 equals...

jb

I think you should ask her what 5 + 3 x 0 equals...

jb

just laughed out loud in the office to that

It's a serious question that the head teacher has asked the caretaker at my local Junior/Infants school. The actual question was and I quote, Is there any way you can stop the leaves from falling off the trees. This is from supposedly educated woman, teaching the young and future generation.

This beggers belief, theres no wonder kids are leaving school not being able to read and write if this is the mentality of a school teacher.

Leaves drop as the sap drops,but you can insert a surrogate sap,which will inhibit fall for about a month-its used in New England to coincide with THANKSGIVING AN all

We dont have many kids your age posting-now get to bed.

All you need is sufficient high-powered, wide-spectrum, all-round lighting during the night and you will prevent abscission and dormancy.

This will, however, expose the trees to severe damage from the cold of winter and you may end up with more than just the leaves falling.