Predictions for season end..

Looking at Udders previous, I'd rather play them at theirs rather than at home. They're more prolific away, and produce more surprising results. Take Bramall Lane for instance.

Huddersfield have won the least away games in the top six, W 5 D 10 L 1 Charlton have gained more points away from home than they have at home.

Looking at that form with 7 out of the remaining 11 games away from home Huddersfield are heading for the play offs.

They have also as I have already said got Charlton and Wednesday to play.

I'll make a statement here and now that in my opinion Huddersfield will not finish in the top two.

Edited by topshot

So with 10 games to go.... let's see how people's predictions stand up.

The BBC have a predictor... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/predictor/default.stm

I have the table standing like this...

Charlton A - +48 - 96 pts

Sheff Utit - +44 - 91 pts

Sheff Wed - +29 - 86 pts

Huddersfie - +39 - 85 pts

M.K. Dons - +37 - 84 pts

Stevenage - +26 - 79 pts....

I've only gone for the top 6.

Pretty much agree with what you've put, although I can see the in-form Notts County nudging Stevenage down to 7th.

S--- I got Charlton walking it,MK 2nd and United 3rd with us 4th.

Huddersfield have won the least away games in the top six, W 5 D 10 L 1 Charlton have gained more points away from home than they have at home.

Looking at that form with 7 out of the remaining 11 games away from home Huddersfield are heading for the play offs.

They have also as I have already said got Charlton and Wednesday to play.

I'll make a statement here and now that in my opinion Huddersfield will not finish in the top two.

I only had a quick look. I didn't analyse it much, but at a glance they've scored only one at home a fair few times, and sometimes hit 2.

That tells me that if Wednesday can score 2 (which we're well capable of), then that could be enough to see those blighters off.

I hope you're right with your 'Udders not in top two' statement.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

I had Charlton runaway winners with 104 points, United 2nd on 93, MKD & Owls on 87, Hudders 86 and Stevenage on 85... I thought I was being pretty generous with the owls results though (but possibly overly generous with the blades winning all 5 homes and 3 draws/2 wins away) :hihi:

As we recently found out though, you can't take anything for granted, and only takes one moment of genius or more often madness (Cresswell!) to turn a result on it's head.

One thing that may make a difference in the owls favour is that on two occasions at least, they play their game at least a day before the blades... firstly with the Chessy home game put back because of the critically important JPT final, and then for some reason we're not playing at Rochdale on Easter Monday, but on the Tuesday? If the owls are still in touching distance (or even ahead) of the blades, a good result in those could put a lot of pressure on the blades...

Well, just had a go on the predictor, tried to be as fair as possible on current form, but as we know, anything can happen.

My results were:

1. Charlton A 46 41 90

2. Sheff Wed 46 31 84

3. MK Dons 46 35 82

4. Sheff Utd 46 30 80

5. Huddersfld 46 33 79

6. Carlisle 46 5 76

Interesting is that your heart are your brain telling you that United will only pick up 11 points out of the next 30. Or presumably will win 3 , draw 2 and lose 5 games out of the next 10

Interesting is that your heart are your brain telling you that United will only pick up 11 points out of the next 30. Or presumably will win 3 , draw 2 and lose 5 games out of the next 10

We shall see :D

I know I am a Charlton fan on a Sheffield web forum.....but for my part, yes I think we will finish top....but I really hope that BOTH your teams make it to the championship with us....and we can renew battle again next season...good luck to United and Wednesday

I know I am a Charlton fan on a Sheffield web forum.....but for my part, yes I think we will finish top....but I really hope that BOTH your teams make it to the championship with us....and we can renew battle again next season...good luck to United and Wednesday

Personally I would like both Sheffield sides to stay down.

you may like that, but it will not happen, dont know which one will get 2nd, but both will go up!

Pretty sure that despite your current blip you will finish as champions, I woukld be happy with both sheffield teams getting promoted,hope its automatic for us though.

Why ? If you dont mind me asking