Anyone been seen by atos and kept incapacity benefit/esa?

I recieved 12 points out of 15,apparently a computer picks questions out at random so the questions which give you the most points are missed,i'm now waiting to appeal.

Excuse me, but where did I say that? If you and others would bother to read someone's post other than your own then maybe this would be a half decent forum, as it is all I see are internet bullies who only have time for their own opinions. They don't really upset me as much as is their intention with the belittling comments they make, but really can't be bothered with cack for brains know it alls any longer.

There has got to be better forums on the net than this.

Perhaps your previous here:

Not my job. And maybe if they didn't rely on all the grasses out there they would get off their butts and do their jobs instead of picking on the vunerable.

intimated it?

as for being bullied you made a comment to which someone replied saying you were displaying apathy......which you clearly are . Thats not bullying it is merely pointing out the fact that you do not want people to "fiddle" yet wont report those that you know are doing.

I recieved 12 points out of 15,apparently a computer picks questions out at random so the questions which give you the most points are missed,i'm now waiting to appeal.

if the computer picks out at random how can the it deliberately miss the high scroring ones?

I have kidney failure and am on haemodialysis what does the average dr know about my condition,thats why we have nephrologists same with lots of other conditions.

jules:rant:

I have kidney failure and am on haemodialysis what does the average dr know about my condition

Probably nothing; but since the point of the interview is not to diagnose you but to determine what work, if any, you are capable of doing, there is no reason why anyone involved would need to know anything about it.

to zippy

it is not just being able to do a job but

how do you get there

what job are they going to let you up and down every ten minutes

how long does it take to get ready

if even it is telesales you still have to make a target

anyone with arthritis in hands could not use a phone all day

a person goes to work one day and due to this is too ill the following day to turn up

find a employer who would tolerate this an employee who turns up one day missing the next

oh and by the way worked from the age of fifteen and brought up a family

nobody plans to be ill of or have accidents

why do you assume that people only have one thing wrong with them sometimes its multiple things

one of these things may not stop you on thier own but put them together and you will find a different story

one of these things may not stop you on thier own but put them together and you will find a different story

Yes, exactly. That's why we have assessments of work capability, and don't just pigeonhole people according to what diagnosis they have.

I have kidney failure and am on haemodialysis what does the average dr know about my condition,thats why we have nephrologists same with lots of other conditions.

jules:rant:

again we are not talking about diagnosis but about the impact your condition has on your activities of daily living ...

while people refuse to acknowledge that diagnosis is irrelevant for these assessments we will continue to have the same pointless and ill informed pronouncements made.

to zippy

it is not just being able to do a job but

how do you get there

what job are they going to let you up and down every ten minutes

how long does it take to get ready

if even it is telesales you still have to make a target

anyone with arthritis in hands could not use a phone all day

a person goes to work one day and due to this is too ill the following day to turn up

find a employer who would tolerate this an employee who turns up one day missing the next

oh and by the way worked from the age of fifteen and brought up a family

nobody plans to be ill of or have accidents

why do you assume that people only have one thing wrong with them sometimes its multiple things

I presume the Equality Act and the support for employers from the government through access to work and the like ( you know the stuff they want to close Remploy plants down so they can protect ) have passed you by ?

obviously you've never worked in telesales or any voice comms heavy environment coming out with guff about holding a phone all day ...

the biggest boundary to some people with chronic health conditions working is their own adoption of the sick role .

Yes, exactly. That's why we have assessments of work capability, and don't just pigeonhole people according to what diagnosis they have.

spot on , yet people to object so greatly to the fact that there is such a thing, maybe because it challenges their health beliefs about having a chronic condition ? FOr all the criticism of Talcott Parsons he did have a valid point regarding some people and their adoption of the sick role ...

Edited by zippy

I think that the biggest problem is the HCP's ignorance or lack of understanding of how a specific impairment, or combination of impairments can have an impact on someones ability to work.

Surely you can't have one with out the other?

IE. how can you assess someone based soley on the impact their impairment has, without first knowing WHAT that impairment is, and how it works and interacts with the environment.

Not only that, you then need to add the societal barriers that exist for disabled people accessing work, such as lack of accesssable transport, workplaces etc etc. (accessable in the broadest sense of the word) and yes, peoples own personal barriers about working.

Although they might appear to be 'workshy' or adopting the sick role etc. they might have genuine fears and concerns about re entering the work place, and these NEED to be addressed.

The original aim of ESA was to have the majority of people placed in the work related group so they could be helped and supported to a place where they are able to work. However, the government have changed the agenda so more people are being kicked off, and left to fend for themselves on JSA, where they will not be helped and will really struggle to find an appropiate job, or training they might need before re entering the work place.

I think that the biggest problem is the HCP's ignorance or lack of understanding of how a specific impairment, or combination of impairments can have an impact on someones ability to work.

Surely you can't have one with out the other?

IE. how can you assess someone based soley on the impact their impairment has, without first knowing WHAT that impairment is, and how it works and interacts with the environment.

Not only that, you then need to add the societal barriers that exist for disabled people accessing work, such as lack of accesssable transport, workplaces etc etc. (accessable in the broadest sense of the word) and yes, peoples own personal barriers about working.

Although they might appear to be 'workshy' or adopting the sick role etc. they might have genuine fears and concerns about re entering the work place, and these NEED to be addressed.

The original aim of ESA was to have the majority of people placed in the work related group so they could be helped and supported to a place where they are able to work. However, the government have changed the agenda so more people are being kicked off, and left to fend for themselves on JSA, where they will not be helped and will really struggle to find an appropiate job, or training they might need before re entering the work place.

Well put.

I said from the beginning that this is nothing more than the government trying to lower the benefit bill by targetting those that are genuinely vunerable.