Anyone been seen by atos and kept incapacity benefit/esa?

'You are right about this bit:

Support Group

If your illness or disability has a severe effect on your ability to work, you won't be expected to work. But, you can work on a voluntary basis if you want to.

You will receive a support component in addition to your basic rate. '

The tests are designed so most sick and disabled people fail the Atos medical, even people with severe MS have been failed, only about 7% of claimants have been getting into the support group, for those in the Work related group, the Condems are planning to force sick and disabled people into ''a mandated community work programme with an unlimited time frame'

in other words, they know many sick and disabled(SAD) people will not find work and will not in their eyes, be productive, so can be pushed into unpaid work in the voluntary sector, its basically a return to the workhouse where everyone 'unproductive' is pushed into unpaid work, etc..

Remember anyone can become sick, disabled, etc, even you or a member of your family, not aimed at poster but in general..

Edited by gamezone07

if anybody wants a sick note to carry on claim benefits go to woodhouse doctors they seam to give anybody with a runny nose one so they can stay off work its past a joke with that place

Thats the irony of it all - timing. The government chose to do it when there's not many jobs.

An employer with the pick of the market would naturally chose applicants with the skills merit and good health.

As you say, such hopless compitition in the current job climate is putting disabled job seekers under unnecessary strain. But disabled jobseekers shouldn't be shut out from the workforce. Just governments never seem to manage it right.

If the Govt is so keen to 'help' disabled people into work and maintain that work why are they closing down 17 Remploy factories), (many of which are still commercial viable) with the loss of thousands of jobs,

its all ideological: crazies like Ian Duncan Smith want a return to the Victorian age with its deserving poor, cap in hand, parish relief, etc...

Edited by gamezone07

if anybody wants a sick note to carry on claim benefits go to woodhouse doctors they seam to give anybody with a runny nose one so they can stay off work its past a joke with that place

This is what I mean't when i said the thread will be flooded by amateur doctors, psychics, et who can see through GP's surgeries...

I just find it interesting that the Government in their infinite wisdom has decreed that GP's should be trusted to have more control over the NHS's purse strings even though they're not qualified accountants (new NHS bill), yet cannot be be trusted to say if someone is fit enough to work even though they are qualified doctors.

I must be missing something.....

I think Rich that may be because people perhaps wonder why you can do volunteer work and yet seem not to be able to undertake paid work.

Because according to Government Doctors, I am too disabled to work.

If you do not believe me, go to Walkley House Medical Centre in S6 and ask to see my medical records.

Oh and before anyone starts, the DWP knows all about my volunteering so no, I do not have to declare anything.

If you do not believe me, go to Walkley House Medical Centre in S6 and ask to see my medical records.

Oh and before anyone starts, the DWP knows all about my volunteering so no, I do not have to declare anything.

I was not disputing you are ill- I was giving a reason as to why people may be critical (in response to your previous post).

Edited by pottedplant

Hi people.

Basically they are now saying they can't start an investigation unless I call from a landline or a mobile on another network. I don't have either and don't know anyone out of the area with one.

I think their doing right thing getting more people back in to work, to many people claim it now a days that are not entitled to it.. I don't claim ESA as I would only be entitled to £5 a week as my husband works. (lol can get by minus a fiver a week lol)

So didn't see point in claiming it, I wouldn't of been sent to work regardless though. As I clear for certain rules because my condition is progressive.

My mother in law might have to though and she has fibromyalgia.

This is what I mean't when i said the thread will be flooded by amateur doctors, psychics, et who can see through GP's surgeries...

i know people that have nothing wrong with them they play sports , go drinking all weekend , can do eveything like normal day to day stuff . But when it comes to interview time with the jsa they get a sick note so they keep there benefits and dont have to work . People who are unable to work thats fine give them the benefits they need . But there is some proper con artists that work the system that need to be made to work for there money not sit on the arse watching jezza all day

Any of you that kbow someobe who appealed do you kbow how many points they were awarded? He said you need something like 15 to pass??

But you are not barred from working so if you want a job, and are capable of one (which if you do volunteer work I assume you do and are) then get looking :confused: