Cast iron fireplace

do you get much for cast iron on scrap

i have a cast iron fireplace that was in my bedroom when i ripped a fake wall down so i took it out & its been stuck in my garage for over a year now & dont know what to do with it its has the top part missing but thats it it would prob look nice if it was striped & repainted.

If it's nice, see if TH Goode on Abbeydale Rd will give you anything for it. He sells them from £60ish, so it'll probably be better cash than scrap.

Theres also a couple of places on Chesterfield road that sell old fireplaces, one next to Abbey Glass, and another opposite Matalan, try them too x

Ok cheers :)

if you can send me a photo i can give you a value as what it could be worth

I just sold on on ebay for £300

no cast iron fire places have sold on ebay for £300 in the last 2 months within a 50 mile radius . you telling fibs again

I'd have to get it Out its in the back of the garage

no cast iron fire places have sold on ebay for £300 in the last 2 months within a 50 mile radius . you telling fibs again

Nope I listed it then they emailed me from london and they came and picked it up No reason to lie I have several accounts on there and been selling on fee bay for ages so was a private deal the fireplace came out of my nans house I was going to use it in mine but never got round to it,I also go round the charity shops and car boots its amazing what you can find if you know what your looking for I use a book by judith miller gave me a real insight to know what to look for Aladins cave was a treasure trove in dinnington till it closed down ...........x

Edited by sand_dollars

Nope I listed it then they emailed me from london and they came and picked it up No reason to lie I have several accounts on there and been selling on fee bay for ages so was a private deal the fireplace came out of my nans house I was going to use it in mine but never got round to it

You can't do private deals on ebay - it's against rules unless you put a buy it now price on and why would you remove a fireplace from your nan's house?

You can't do private deals on ebay - it's against rules unless you put a buy it now price on and why would you remove a fireplace from your nan's house?

Its not against the rules if you remove the item before hand and my nan died so all the contents were sold

Its not against the rules if you remove the item before hand and my nan died so all the contents were sold

So what happened to the house with no fireplace?