The Abbey pub, Woodseats

It's been sold, I asked who had bought it but the staff member wouldn't tell me. They did say that it was an individual as opposed to a pub chain. Hopefully it will stay as a pub and have some money spent on it. Much as I like the place, it is looking a bit tired.

Its just the lease thats been sold, it is run as an independent business but leased from Punch Taverns.

Went last night for the first time in 20 odd years. Was a really nice night to make it even better they were doing hot pork sarnies, roast potatoes and pie & peas. We had to have two lots of the sarnies they were so good and very reasonably priced.

Will defo be visiting again:)

Thats right, they do hot roast pork sandwiches every Tuesday and Thursday with the quiz and on a Satruday Night. You can even order them to take away if you order in time. All the roast meat is from Battys Butchers and the breadcakes are from Spinks. I even had a dripping sandwich made for me to take home. If you order in time they will wrap them in foil to take home with you.

The lease has been bought by a local couple. They have re done the menu and really making the pub good again. The bowling green is open to everyone now and there was a bowling match on Friday and Saturday this week. There a really good atmosphere in their now, not like what it used to be.

What`re they doing around the back? Seems to be a fair bit of activity there.

The owners were hoping for a good summer to have BBQs and an outside bar but them the rain came. They now have an excellent traditional irish band on in September called Whiskey in the Jar. There will be irish stew and soda bread on offer. It sounds like a great night

Any idea whats happening?

Been shut since earlier this week and closed last night.

According to the note on the window it says electrical and plumbing fault. I personally think that is an excuse. Maybe they have left. I'm expecting to see a temporary manager in.

According to the note on the window it says electrical and plumbing fault. I personally think that is an excuse. Maybe they have left. I'm expecting to see a temporary manager in.

Yes seems long time to shut for that sort of issue in this day and age,also the windows are blanked out which seems odd.

The ovens were condemned due to carbon monoxide, the landlord/lady couldnt afford to pay for new 1,s so have left. Apparently the brewery are taking it over?

The ovens were condemned due to carbon monoxide, the landlord/lady couldnt afford to pay for new 1,s so have left. Apparently the brewery are taking it over?

Thanks lets hope they get things sorted.