Core Vents - change in regs and quotes please

Hi Everyone

I have been told due to a change in regs that we need to have a Core Vent fitted.

Does anyone know how to work out the size of the Core Vent needed or are they all standard? The Core Vent is for a Baxi Boiler. I have tried to call Baxi but was on hold for ages because they were busy, the boiler is quite old. I have the GC code if anyone can help!

If anyone is able to quote me for having the vent fitted please PM me. The location will be in the living room and the property is in Hillsborough.

Thanks in advance

Hi, if you post the GC number( 7 digit number which will begin 44, and the fire GC number which will probably begin 32- assuming it is a back boiler as it is in your living room)

I'll tell you the vent size you'll need, otherwise you can google BS5440 part 2 to find out how to work out the ventilation requirements.

We'd be happy to visit to look at the wall and provide you with a quote to fit the vent.

Thanks

City wide heating services

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/26044-baxi-bbu.html

If you google "baxi core vents" there's loads of stuff on this.

Are you talking about a traditional baxi open fire?

If you've got a house like ours where the draught under the floor boards lifts the carpets

I don't think you need any additional holes in the wall for a direct vent.