Lambretta Motor Scooters

Seven Hills Scooter Club runs out of The Sheaf on Bramall Lane meets every Wednesday at 19.30

Also organise regular music night Ska etc

Can be found on Face Book if anyones interested

Bought my TV175 on 22nd July 1961 from Walter Wragg on Gibraltar Street and had it for three years.. 'Now that's a good memory' I hear you say. Well it's helped by the payment book I have just dug out of my archives!

I was 17 and worked in the offices at Firth Browns. Took a second job on Saturdays at John Banners down Attercliffe in order to pay the H.P. .. Well worth it. The colour was glacier blue and I had a blue dual seat fitted, windscreen and spare wheel and carrier. Have a number of 'photos. For the era, my favourite vehicle ever!

Recently made contact with two workmates from Firth Browns after nearly 50 years! We all had Lambrettas. Didn't know at that time that most accidents happen near home. Thought nothing of nipping down to the mates in protective clothing of T Shirt , Jeans and Carpet Slippers!

Regards, Peter.

Edited by PeterR
further memories.

ALways loved Scooters, especially Lambretta's.

My dad and my uncle both helped build Armando's place near SUFC football ground, both now sadly passed away.

My first was a LD 125? and my second was a TV175.

Used to ride occasionally with a club which operated out of a boozer at (can't remember the name of the district, up the hill from Heeley, towards Norton; would it be Meadowhead?) Sorry, well it is 50 odd years ago.

]Woodseats The Big Tree before that the Travelers on the moor.

the Sheffield Lambretta Club [THE CUTLERS]

Sorry to hear that Armando had passed on.

I used to chat to him before he started up in business when he worked at the Spring Shop at the Grimesthorpe Works of River Don works.

He was a great bloke, he will be missed.

R.I.P. Armando

Good Memories, Popt

Thanks for the gen hutch. You are correct, of course. The name Woodseats had been completely erased from my memory (usually pretty good)

Mike

My first scooter was a BSA Sunbeam which unfortunately was constantly breaking down so I bought a Vespa which was great but soon after buying it I was posted to Germany and had to sell it. In Germany I bought a Dirkopp Diana 200cc scooter and found out that until I was 18 I couldn't ride it because of British Forces Germany licencing regulations. What a blow because it was a fantastic scooter. That had to go too but I had my sights set on a Heinkel Tourist scooter when I was 18 but finished up buying a 1954 Beetle instead with small back window and 6 volt electrics, would have been worth a fortune now. The German winters soon converted me to stay with cars unfortunately but the little time I did spend on scooters was far more enjoyable than cars.

Edited by Grubshifter
Wrong info.

the sheffield scooter scene is still very much alive,seven hills meet weds night @ the sheaf on bramall lane,steel city @ the royal standard thursdays,and the sheffield aces meet @ the okeh cafe abbydale road weds eves and sunday mornings...:thumbsup:

Hada Vesper yonks ago and made my own backrest ous off an old boaered and pillow case was sound.:)

My first Lambretta was bought from Armando's in 1964 TV 175.All our group used Armando's. Tony from Italy worked there.Reg 3AWB

I started with a GP150 (WAH47H) in 1979

Was with the Broadsmen SC in Norwich.

Ended up with J125, SX200, LD150, and a P200E all at the same time.

Sold the Vespa, and gave all the Lambrettas and spares to a mate for very little when I 'discovered' motorbikes!

I shudder to think what they would all be worth now!