Lambretta Motor Scooters

I remember getting my first (lambretta tv175) scooter when i was 17 in about 1974 for about £50 from the Empire Garage on empire road.the freedom it gave you was great .

I remember getting my first (lambretta tv175) scooter when i was 17 in about 1974 for about £50 from the Empire Garage on empire road.the freedom it gave you was great .

I had a lambretta many years ago the reg no was 426 RRB.

Imagine my suprise one day on Penistone Road following a Daimler Sovereign with the same reg no.

I wonder if the no is still around.

Edited by cuttsie

I had a lambretta many years ago the reg no was RRB 426...I wonder if the no is still around.
No, it isn't according to this site (or if it is, the vehicle isn't insured.:().

got my (tv175) about 1964 from empire garage wish i had it now, joined the cuttlers scooter club used to meet at the big tree pub every fri, those were the days ,shirt sleves no helmet must have been crazy.

No, it isn't according to this site (or if it is, the vehicle isn't insured.:().

Sorry Hillsbro gave the reg no the wrong way round it was 426 RRB.

Sorry Hillsbro gave the reg no the wrong way round it was 426 RRB.
Wow - it's now carried by a Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow..:o

my first and only scooter was a N.S.U prima prob around 55,me and the girl friend (now wife) put in a lot of miles

Wow - it's now carried by a Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow..:o

I bought that Lambretta with the reg no for £ 15 from a lad on Walkley Street .

I bought that Lambretta with the reg no for £ 15 from a lad on Walkley Street .
Well, the vehicle that carries the number now must be worth a bit more than that - just imagine it..:P

Well, the vehicle that carries the number now must be worth a bit more than that - just imagine it..:P

Looks to me as though that picture is taken on the Manor by Robert Redfords Brother.

Looks to me as though that picture is taken on the Manor by Robert Redfords Brother.
Actually, it's my "other" car...:hihi:

Trouble with scooters just dont last long 1st kid had to move to bike and side car (Single) then child adult, double adult if if kept on having kids at the rate i was going I'd be looking for a Cheap bus