Tea Gardens Pub Grimesthorpe Road

I lived in the same Ellesmere area as the Tea Gardens (Tea pot to locals) for the first forty years of my life and never knew there was an old one and a new one, just the shell of a building that's been opposite the bottom

of the old Danville Street since the 1870's.

e

I went in on many occasions 1970-71. I liked the place particularly in the daytime. Used to play dominos with an old guy who was often in there alone in the day. Can't remember his name, he was Afro-Carribean.

Yep remember it well tea gardens I was the landlord for a few years from 1995 remember well

I thought the landlord at that time was Keith Pawson .

I thought that the old pub was just extended to make the pub larger & was still in the same place as it always was? I used to play pool for the Tea Pot when Keith Pawson was the landlord & what a great landlord he was, I heard he had passed away a while ago. 

18 hours ago, alf1956 said:

I thought that the old pub was just extended to make the pub larger & was still in the same place as it always was? I used to play pool for the Tea Pot when Keith Pawson was the landlord & what a great landlord he was, I heard he had passed away a while ago. 

Yes he did,a couple of years ago.It was known a the Sarcens Head years ago.

The Tea Gardens was a good pub in the 70s. I went in not long before it shut and it was in a sorry state.

Keith and Elaine moved out in 93.