Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

As this is a family forum I can't be too explicit, but the male and female bodies are designed in such a way that sexual pleasure is gained through the genitals. These are sensitive to sexual contact in a way that other orifices aren't.

What is natural about a man inserting his penis in an orifice where it's not meant to go, particularly when such an act causes pain and discomfort to the recipient?

And if homosexuality is natural, why do only 1% of the UK population practice it?

This is the most unintentionally hilarious thing I've ever read during a discussion of gay rights.

People who have issues with other people's sex lives really do turn out to have issues with their own, innit.

you've got to be either thick or stupid to think a few catholic priests getting their end away with choirboys is anywhere near as bad as what happens to the

tribal kids in afghanistan who have no one turn to and just have to accept it as part of their culture:loopy:

Is this anywhere near as bad?

Up to 11 boys were castrated while in the care of the Dutch Roman Catholic church in the 1950s to rid them of homosexuality, a newspaper investigation has said.

A young man was castrated in 1956 after telling police he was being abused by priests, the newspaper reported.

Don't get me wrong, there are some appalling cultural practices in many islamic countries, but you may want to try condemning those nearer home if you want people to think you're more than just a bigot.

As adults we have a certain freedom over our bodies, and as a heterosexual it's natural that you would not be comfortable with homosexual sex, by the same standard it is perfectly natural for a homosexual to be be comfortable with homosexual sex.

In fact I'd probably go further, and say it's natural for people to enjoy, within reason, things that they find pleasurable, as long as both parties are consenting. I'd finish by stating that I also believe it unnatural to expect homosexuals to abstain from sex.

Which is maybe why priests often fail to stay celibate?

The purpose of the anus is to excrete bodily waste, it isn't intended to be sexual.

You might as well argue that the purpose of the penis and vagina is to get rid of urine and therefore they aren't intended to be sexual.

This is not been a debate about having a genuine concern for homosexuals.

To my knowledge no one gay has entered the dicussion expressing a desire to marry in the church.

I agree with posters who have given their reasons for supporting the issue of gay marriage in the church a campaign for fairness and equality,but as so many seem to be so anti-religious why would they wish to see anyone take part in a religious ceremony?

The last few posts have made no reference to religious reasons why churches are against same-sex religious weddings,instead the posts of some have been reduced to making unnecessary descriptive statements about the sexual activities of homosexuals.,which could be extremely offensive to many of them.

I could say more about what i think that was all about! but if i did i would be accused of gender attacking. Its one thing to have joke,and a bit of light innuendo, but this has gone to far in my opinion.

Edited by janie48

2 reasons

Marriage =

a) = the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.

b) = the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law

let's try looking at it thusly:-

Marriage =

a) = the social institution under which a couple establish their decision to live as a couple by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.

b) = the state of being united to another person as a couple in a consensual and contractual relationship, recognized by law

the word marriage has been around for 1000's of years!! between man & women! you can’t change history.. and you can’t change the church. marriage is for Man & Women, to become 1 and have children.... naturally

What about the couples who find they are infertile? They can't have children naturally.

let's try looking at it thusly:-

Marriage =

a) = the social institution under which a couple establish their decision to live as a couple by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.

b) = the state of being united to another person as a couple in a consensual and contractual relationship, recognized by law

Well that rules out a lot then .... :(

But it's the thin end of the wedge and by making one form of sexual perversion acceptable you open a whole new can of worms.

What about other taboo forms of sexual behaviour such as incest, bestiality or paedophilia - should these activities be socially acceptable next. All the arguments in favour of gay marriage could just as easily apply to those?

*Snort* Well, there WAS that man on Jerry Springer who married his hoss!

(MY bold) Paedophilia? Eh? Do what? We are talking about marriage between two consenting adults, not children, who cannot give their consent. (thank DOYC*)

(* Deity of your Choice)

you've got to be either thick or stupid to think a few catholic priests getting their end away with choirboys is anywhere near as bad as what happens to the

tribal kids in afghanistan who have no one turn to and just have to accept it as part of their culture:loopy:

I can't believe that comment.

You're saying, then, that the kids assaulted and raped by priests weren't really traumatised, because it was old father flat-cap the parish priest who assaulted them?

As this is a family forum I can't be too explicit, but the male and female bodies are designed in such a way that sexual pleasure is gained through the genitals. These are sensitive to sexual contact in a way that other orifices aren't.

What is natural about a man inserting his penis in an orifice where it's not meant to go, particularly when such an act causes pain and discomfort to the recipient?

And if homosexuality is natural, why do only 1% of the UK population practice it?

d' you know, I find it fairly worrying that people are so obsessed and concerned about what goes on behind closed doors in the bedrooms of consenting adults.

I don't lie awake at night fretting about what my gay friends may be getting up to, any more than I fret about what my straight friends are doing. I'm not actually interested in what they do or don't do, or whether Jack is inserting tab A into Jackie's (or Jaques') slot A, slot B, or even slot C for that matter