Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

Exactly.

Marriage is a Christian ceremony, the Bible says homosexuality is sinful therefore it's contradictory for two gays to marry.

So you would be okay preventing people of other faiths and none, irrespective of their sexuality, getting married as well?

Pretty much sums it up for me. Quite why homosexuals have to campaign for religious marriage is beyond me

They are not campaigning for religious marriage. They are campaigning for civil marriage.

Exactly.

Marriage is a Christian ceremony

Marriage is not a Christian ceremony, unless the people getting married want to involve a church.

Marriage is not a Christian ceremony, unless the people getting married want to involve a church.

yeah brother

Exactly.

Marriage is a Christian ceremony, the Bible says homosexuality is sinful therefore it's contradictory for two gays to marry.

Sorry, where exactly do you get that from?

Since when has marriage been a Christian ceremony? Sure you can have a Christian marriage but that doesn't mean that marriage is exclusively a Christian thing. Mine definitely wasn't.

Sorry, where exactly do you get that from?

Since when has marriage been a Christian ceremony? Sure you can have a Christian marriage but that doesn't mean that marriage is exclusively a Christian thing. Mine definitely wasn't.

Well if you're not a Christian why would you want to get married?

Ask a silly question.......

To make a public and legal commitment of your self to your partner? I'm flabbergasted that you need to ask a question. Genuine question, why do you need to ask this question?

If I am allowed to say I'm married after a wedding ceremony where there was an enforced absence of Christian symbolism, why can't a homosexual couple be given the same right?

They have that right. There is nothing in Law to prevent a couple in a Civil Partnership to refer to themselves as married. I think I might have mentioned this before...

They have that right. There is nothing in Law to prevent a couple in a Civil Partnership to refer to themselves as married. I think I might have mentioned this before...

Apart from they're not actually married though, and haven't had a wedding? If all we're doing is arguing over a word why is it such a big deal to offer equality?

To make a public and legal commitment of your self to your partner? I'm flabbergasted that you need to ask a question. Genuine question, why do you need to ask this question?

I asked that question so that somone would fall into my little trap, congratulations on being the one to do so.

When I asked "if you're not a Christian why would you want to get married?" I was expecting someone to say something like "To make a public and legal commitment of your self to your partner?" at which point I would say "Fine - that's what civil partnerships are for".

So if two gays want to make a public and legal commitment of themselves to their partner, they already can do in the form of a civil partnership and therefore have no need whatsoever to get married. So why are they getting so angry about it?

I asked that question so that somone would fall into my little trap, congratulations on being the one to do so.

When I asked "if you're not a Christian why would you want to get married?" I was expecting someone to say something like "To make a public and legal commitment of your self to your partner?" at which point I would say "Fine - that's what civil partnerships are for".

So if two gays want to make a public and legal commitment of themselves to their partner, they already can do in the form of a civil partnership and therefore have no need whatsoever to get married. So why are they getting so angry about it?

If somebody want's to get from A to B, fine - that's what the back of the bus is for. No need to use the seats at the front, why get so angry about it?

:roll: