What are the two really bright stars tonight

was one of them very Yellow in colour?

I was looking at it last night in Holmsfield. There were no lights, so it was really clear. People tried to convince m it was a satelite, but it wasn't moving.

They are looking pretty spectacular tonight!

Infact, I have just seen Uranus :hihi: (It's the joke that just keeps 'Giving')

Only among people who don't know how to pronounce Uranus.

It's a sad reflection on our education system that probably 95% of us fall into that category!

If you have an iPhone, there is an app called 'planets'. I think it might be free, but not sure. That's a great way to know what you're looking at.

Mars, Jupiter and Venus are very visible tonight, nice clear sky to see all the constellations too.

Edited by robshaw
Edited for Halibut ;-)

I'm tempted to have a drive out to bradfield away from all the street lighting to have a good look.

Edited by TheGuy

Best hurry, or leave it until tomorrow; Venus and Jupiter are setting, and won't be clearly visible for much longer. (Venus never sets later than three hours after the Sun.)

I'm temted to have a drive out to bradfield away from all the street lighting to have a good look.

OOOOH pick me up I love star gazing :love:

OOOOH pick me up I love star gazing :love:

I'm sure our lass would be pleased about me stargazing in the middle of knowere with a trashy blonde :)

Jupiter and Venus will appear closest together in the sky on Tuesday 13 March this week before they start drifting apart again. On Thursday 15 March they will appear in a N-S alignment in the sky.

I'm sure our lass would be pleased about me stargazing in the middle of knowere with a trashy blonde :)

bring her along ;)

A few days late now but if you'd been looking last week you could also have caught Mercury on one of it's fleeting "visits".