In 600 years time will Islam have matured like a fine Christianity?

Islam will be here in 600 years and so will other religions but all under one banner of faith and with one aim to believe in the only and only god

But saying that the world is comin to an end with all the probs we are facing now

Seems pretty obvious to me that there is always someone in every community looking to use people for their own ends.

The trick is to get the masses to follow you.

Either demonising opponents or promising something that will never be given are the two tactics generally used.

Education is the answer to the problem

In many Muslim countries clericism curtailed the spread of knowledge, pushing enlightenment and scientific vigour back into a box.

Christian fundamentalists in the USA seem determined to do the same with Christianity.

Islam will be here in 600 years and so will other religions but all under one banner of faith and with one aim to believe in the only and only god

I like the only god, but I also like the only god. But which one's better? .....

As they get richer, live better lives, develop as a society, their religion will mean less. Ultimately it will die.

It's already happening. Look how religious the teenagers in western/developed countries are when compared to those in the poorer countries. As the economy grows, the religion's hold will shrink.

The principal Islamic prophet, Muhammad, was around about 600 years after Jesus.

So what does the future hold for Islam in the future? Will it follow the decline enjoyed by that other principal religion, Christianity?

In 600 years will it mature with the passing of time? Will it's devotees dwindle in number? Will those future generations look back with embarrassment?

Or will it flourish, grow and become a dominant force in the world? What will that world look like?

Finally, before you hit reply, please make sure that you address the OP, not your prejudice or glorification. Thanks.

Hang on! Let me consult my magic ball.

Oh no! I cant see a damn thing.......... Lord almighty the human race has become extinct :o

The difference being that the history of Mohammed is accurate, and the history of Jesus is myth.

If memory serves correctly wasn't Mohammed murdered by poisoning by his own followers??? or is this a myth as well along with all the global terrorism active in the world today, the london tube bombing and 9/11 spring to mind. I could rattle on but I don't wish to bore and point out the obvious...:roll:

By my reckoning Islam hit "maturity" somewhere between the 8th and 13th centuries. At least back then the religion didn't get in the way of people being able to live like adults, and science and art could be explored freely.

An excellent observation.

Remember the Golden Age of Islam ? :)

If memory serves correctly wasn't Mohammed murdered by poisoning by his own followers??? or is this a myth as well along with all the global terrorism active in the world today, the london tube bombing and 9/11 spring to mind. I could rattle on but I don't wish to bore and point out the obvious...:roll:

Many say Israeli terrorists were involved in that.

An excellent observation.

Remember the Golden Age of Islam ? :)

Nope, nobody does, it was hundreds of years ago!

Did you even read the second part of Quisquose's post?

Many say Israeli terrorists were involved in that.

'Many' foolish people say that, yes. They weren't though.

But saying that the world is comin to an end with all the probs we are facing now

How do you know this?

Are the polytheistic religions aware of this "one true god" ?