Eckington during the 50,s & 60,s

Hi Andy,

yes, I do have some old photos somewhere. I will look them out and take copies and send you them. Give me a week or so, I will put this on my 'to do list'.

Cheers Derek.

Wow that's absolutely fantastic. Thanks Derek. Ive been speaking to my neighbours and Gloria Nelson (No1) remembers all the names you've mentioned who lived on the block. David at Pipworth cottage remembers Frank Alcock well and was quite graphic explaining Frank's allergy to bath water!

Can't wait to see the photos. Once I've seen them I'll try to replicate them with their current viewpoint. Should be quite interesting.

Andy

anyone remember"harold" who used to sell fruit and veg fom an old bedford bus.all i know is he lived in eckington.

Hi Derek,

Any progress with the "to do list" yet?

Hi Andy,

yes, I do have some old photos somewhere. I will look them out and take copies and send you them. Give me a week or so, I will put this on my 'to do list'.

Cheers Derek.

:)Hi Andy,

thanks for your message, I haven't forgot about the photos, I have spent a lot of time looking for them but no luck yet. I know I have them somewhere amongst the heaps of photos I have collected over the last 50 plus years. As soon as I find them I will send them to you.

Cheers

Derek.

:)Hi Andy,

thanks for your message, I haven't forgot about the photos, I have spent a lot of time looking for them but no luck yet. I know I have them somewhere amongst the heaps of photos I have collected over the last 50 plus years. As soon as I find them I will send them to you.

Cheers

Derek.

Hi Derek, Wonder if you know when the bathrooms were built in the loft at No 5?

Regards

Andy

Hi Derek, Wonder if you know when the bathrooms were built in the loft at No 5?

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy,

yes, I do know, they were installed in the old attic in 1970 whilst my mum and dad lived there. Prior to this it was the old tin bath in the wash house.

Cheers

Derek.

PS I have searched for the old photos for you, still no luck.

Hi lots of my family are from Eckington and some still live there. My gran was Mary Hunt who had a large family and most of the men were in the pits.

I know the Hodkins, Hunts, Wasteneys Greys and Lindsey & Vaughan Smith & Sue & Pete Moody from Renishaw

do you remember me anyone

Hi Bryn,

yes, I remember you well and your brother Michael when my twin and I ( Clayton twins, Derek & Terence ) were toddlers growing up in the pre fabs in Eckington. I remember you lived in the one facing the old recreation ground. It was a long time ago mate, I was back there on holiday in 2012 and the pre fabs were still there although I think they might have been knocked down recently.

Cheers

Derek Clayton.

Hi Bryn,

yes, I remember you well and your brother Michael when my twin and I ( Clayton twins, Derek & Terence ) were toddlers growing up in the pre fabs in Eckington. I remember you lived in the one facing the old recreation ground. It was a long time ago mate, I was back there on holiday in 2012 and the pre fabs were still there although I think they might have been knocked down recently.

Cheers

Derek Clayton.

Hi Derek,

I have been past the prefabs today and there is about half of the bungalows standing but are being replaced with new houses also wood view house has been knoke down to make way for housing..if you go on facebook and search for Eckington parish tv you can see the first prefab being knocked down..

Paul

There's some really interesting videos of old Eckington on YouTube. If you type in Eckington Parish TV it brings a whole list of them up.

My mother originally comes from Eckington. Margaret Collier was her maiden name, she had an older sister called Pat. They lived where the car sales plot now is.