Eckington during the 50,s & 60,s

MikeG

Sorry Mike, but his name does not ring a bell with me.

regards

Lawrence

Yes lawrence my mother in law was a lovely lady, Mary was Josie's younger sister

Josie passed away a few years, Mrs Moyles was Winifred Mary nee Levick, another relative.

That is one of the sadnesses I find being so far away. Each time I return home to Eckington now I discover that those I once knew so well are no longer there. My belated condolences Legin for Josie. I used to pal around with a Gordon Levick who lived in that old tudor building next to the Natwest bank on Church Street/Market Street.

That is one of the sadnesses I find being so far away. Each time I return home to Eckington now I discover that those I once knew so well are no longer there. My belated condolences Legin for Josie. I used to pal around with a Gordon Levick who lived in that old tudor building next to the Natwest bank on Church Street/Market Street.

Gordon Levick is another relative.

Tic tac,John boy,as you call him,used to live at Red Lodge farm,we can't figure out who you are yet.

Thank you Lawrence for the condolences in respect of my late wife

I mentioned your post to Edward the younger brother

Tic tac,John boy,as you call him,used to live at Red Lodge farm,we can't figure out who you are yet.

Annina - Yes, many many years ago, he also had a Handley connection. i am sure his proudest time was when he served his Queen and Country in the paras, visiting Bahrain.

Thank you Lawrence for the condolences in respect of my late wife

I mentioned your post to Edward the younger brother

The name Levick rings a bell with me. I remember a Jean Levick that was in the same same school class as myself, Westfield Comprehensive 1957 - 1959.

Is this any relation ?,

Derek Clayton.

My Dad is from Eckington, born in 1954, lived on the corner of Lansbury Road and Albert Street, Alan and his older brother Peter.

The name Levick rings a bell with me. I remember a Jean Levick that was in the same same school class as myself, Westfield Comprehensive 1957 - 1959.

Is this any relation ?,

Derek Clayton.

I wouldnt know Derek, the levicks were on my mother in law's side

My Dad is from Eckington, born in 1954, lived on the corner of Lansbury Road and Albert Street, Alan and his older brother Peter.

My Uncle (mums brother) is Stan Jones (really John Jones) and lives at John Street in Eckington, has done for donkeys years.

He used to be a miner, but when the Pit shut he started working with Mentally handicapped.

His brothers Pat and Frank Jones were injured in the Brookhouse Colliery disaster in 1958.

My mum is called Eileen.