Revered artists you don't like

To be fair, he did write some half decent songs.

In amongst the torrent of brilliant ones.

Can you recommend some because I've tried and heard nothing to get excited about, a reasonable cult artist but gets way too much acclaim.

Jessie j. Horrible noise.

Another one that might get me black balled, Joe cocker.

Both have apparently wonderful voices. I disagree.

*restrains mounting indignation*

;)

My wife adores him. I know you are a fan. What am I missing? Describe it. Try and convince me.

Elvis Presley is the most overrated singer I know of. :mad: and Humperdinck.!!!

Edited by pattricia

I've never enjoyed Led Zeppelin or Jimi Hendrix and have always preferred the Beatles as solo artists than as a group.

The Pixies. I know they're labelled as seminal/inspiring/whatever, but I deliberately recorded and watched a couple of gigs to try to understand why my OH likes them and my honest opinion is that they're whiny, unpleasant and discordant. Bearing in mind that I like lots of modern classical and can happily hum along to several pieces of Bartok and the like, my ability to find internal, pleasing/challenging harmonies in pieces is pretty well honed, but I just couldn't get on with the Pixies.

The Pixies. I know they're labelled as seminal/inspiring/whatever, but I deliberately recorded and watched a couple of gigs to try to understand why my OH likes them and my honest opinion is that they're whiny, unpleasant and discordant. Bearing in mind that I like lots of modern classical and can happily hum along to several pieces of Bartok and the like, my ability to find internal, pleasing/challenging harmonies in pieces is pretty well honed, but I just couldn't get on with the Pixies.

Would you put the breeders and the wonderful Kim deal in that description. I wouldn't but then I quite like some of Paul sellers stuff, some of the artic monkeys and most of the killers ;)

radiohead

muse

coldplay

snowpatrol

u2

all miserable and bland and middle of the road boring to me tbh

I'd disagree about Radiohead being middle of the road, they've go so far from being mainstream that it's now getting difficult to listen to their music. I wish they pull in back in a bit. Unfortunately it's looking like Muse is now going that way.

Rolling Stones-7,500 tracks on my IPod, not one of them a stones track.

Manic Street Preachers. Everyone seems to love them but I can't turn their music off fast enough. It's actually painful to listen to.

Also agree with what others have said about Coldplay, Radiohead (post-OK Computer) and Snow Patrol.