Is there a particular type of virus in Sheffield

There's quite a few bugs doing the rounds at the moment at work. People have had flu that has led to chest infections. Thankfully I've not had that (yet, only a matter of time), but have had a 48 hour bug that caused me to spend a lot of time sitting on the toilet. It was very unpleasant.

I am just starting to recover after 2 weeks of a flu type virus - I have the flu jab but the symptoms were as near as they could be to the real thing. This was coupled with AWFUL lower back pain, and to top it all an ear infection that I am now trying to clear with a second lot of antibiotics

When we were kids we played on bombed sites in muck. We slid down slag heaps on shovels. We swam in ponds and reservoirs. We went home as black as coal in summer, and we never heard of virus's and such. We left school and worked in foundries, steelworks and pits, same thing, no virus's. Office workers catch EVERYTHING, including hypochondria.........

I worked in an office for 15 years. Flu/cold every winter and what I believed to be hay fever every summer. I just got used to the fact.

Then I left and worked for 3 years by myself in the countryside. Within a month my sinuses felt clear for the first time in years. I didn't get flu/hay fever type symptoms for all 3 years.

Whether its air conditioned offices (which I believe) or just that I'm allergic to people I don't know.

I've just had a similar experience: i have immune system issues so am prone to infection, etc but this was different, thought it was my last moments, began with severe pain in abdomen then sickness/nausea, backpain, developing chest pain, severe headache. blurred vision, vertigo, then and its hard to explain, but an all pervasive sickness feeling like this was it, i was on my way out, awful.

i was worried I may be having some sort of stroke and I was about to ring 999, but I persevered drinking lots of warm water, taking vit c, etc

going to walk in centre now to be checked out..

the only other time i have had similar is when i was on holiday abroad and caught a bug and had to go on the drip in hospital..

anyone else experienced similar?

The other interesting thing is I have just spoke to a friend who has the same condition as myself and she experienced exactly the same symptoms and reactions, and the same feelings of 'this is it'

Edited by gamezone07

is there a particular type of virus / bug doing the rounds of sheffield at the moment?

Does anyone have it?

what are the symptoms ?

Ive been told it lasts 2 to 3 weeks!!!

Yeah spendbenefitsoncansanddrugsitus , effects the under 25's

Symptoms

Wearing of black tracks suits

Hands down pants

Never had a job

Leave school at 12

Drunken swagger when out robbing

Can be found hanging over flat balconies

Cure

12-18 months inside.

Jeeeez. My house is full of it. Started in February when my youngest was hospitalized with double pnuemonia. She was so very poorly. She is immunosuppresed so maybe that made it worse but she was a week in hospital on oxygen & needed an NG tube because she wouldn't feed.

Then just as the baby was improving my eldest came down with pluerisy. She was quite poorly with that.

At the begining of March the Doctors diagnosed the baby with asthma due to her continuing chest problems from the pnuemonia. Then 2 weeks ago she got ill again with a temp of 39 turned out she had strep throat & a double ear infection & had apparently caught the coldsore virus which had given her lots of sores on her toungue & gums so more antibiotics.

4 days ago my eldest started same way, temp of 39.5, strep throat & sores in her mouth.

She's just about getting over that & we've all woken up today with stomach cramps & feeling sickly. Just brilliant. Just our luck.

Edited by Bethsmummy

Biggest virus in Sheffield is NICK CLEGG.........

:hihi::hihi:

BTW Im STILL coughing from this - and its been about 7 weeks since I started with symptoms