Cameron tries to do "a Blair" (and fails?)

Haven't we been here before?

Iran trying to build nuclear missiles capable of hitting London, Cameron warns MPs

Yes, but will they be capable of being deployed in 45 minutes?

'Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me'

It's quite clear that the US, along with its tame poodle the UK, are going to attack Iran. That's baked in the cake. The only thing left now is to do a "One Man and his Dog" act with their respective sheeple.

The racists and Islamophobes on SF certainly won't need any convincing.

Surely you mean....

I'm not sure yet Vague Boy. We'd have attacked Syria by now if the Russians and Chinese hadn't stood in the way and it's clear that both of these countries have much larger interests in Iran than they do in Syria.

A lot of this warmongering seems politically motivated to me. The Israelis are obviously behind most of it and the US is leading up to an election so it's politically beneficial for politicians to look as though they're taking a tough stand. In Britain it's also politically useful for our politicians to try to unite our fractured community against a perceived threat. The politics of fear has been proven to work and something tells me that they'll continue to use it even when the neoconservative ideology has long been forgotten.

Edited by Cavegirl

Does anybody think it would be a good idea to allow Iran to gain a nuclear weapon capability?

Does anybody think it would be a good idea to allow Iran to gain a nuclear weapon capability?

No is the obvious answer....but....its a bit rich other nuclear nations complaining isn't it? All the posturing from UK, US, Israel and Iran is all aimed at a domestic audience. I take it all with a large pinch of salt.

The US has been saying for 20 years that Iran is 6-12 months from getting a nuclear weapon. 20 years later, they are still 6-12 months away. I don't imagine China or Russia wants Iran to have a nuclear weapon either, and they'll have more success persuading Iran than the west will.

Like it or not, the example of Iraq has shown the world if you don't have a nuclear deterrent, you WILL be invaded.

No is the obvious answer....but....its a bit rich other nuclear nations complaining isn't it? All the posturing from UK, US, Israel and Iran is all aimed at a domestic audience. I take it all with a large pinch of salt.

The US has been saying for 20 years that Iran is 6-12 months from getting a nuclear weapon. 20 years later, they are still 6-12 months away. I don't imagine China or Russia wants Iran to have a nuclear weapon either, and they'll have more success persuading Iran than the west will.

Another war would not play favourably with either the UK or US public so how can it be playing to a domestic audience?

Like it or not, the example of Iraq has shown the world if you don't have a nuclear deterrent, you WILL be invaded.

Most of the world's countries don't have nukes, but most of the world's countries haven't been invaded.

Iran trying to build nuclear missiles capable of hitting London, Cameron warns MPs

Yes, but will they be capable of being deployed in 45 minutes?

It's quite clear that the US, along with its tame poodle the UK, are going to attack Iran. That's baked in the cake. The only thing left now is to do a "One Man and his Dog" act with their respective sheeple.

The racists and Islamophobes on SF certainly won't need any convincing.

Blair fooled many people and possibly you for 8 years.

I'm not sure yet Vague Boy. We'd have attacked Syria by now if the Russians and Chinese hadn't stood in the way and it's clear that both of these countries have much larger interests in Iran than they do in Syria.

A lot of this warmongering seems politically motivated to me. The Israelis are obviously behind most of it and the US is leading up to an election so it's politically beneficial for politicians to look as though they're taking a tough stand. In Britain it's also politically useful for our politicians to try to unite our fractured community against a perceived threat. The politics of fear has been proven to work and something tells me that they'll continue to use it even when the neoconservative ideology has long been forgotten.

It's unsurprising Israel are worried, the Iranian President has made numerous references to wiping Israel off the map, a successful nuclear strike on Israel would pretty much annihilate them.

As for our politicians trying to "unite our fractured community", I doubt most of the people rioting last August even know where Iran is.

It's unsurprising Israel are worried, the Iranian President has made numerous references to wiping Israel off the map, a successful nuclear strike on Israel would pretty much annihilate them.

As for our politicians trying to "unite our fractured community", I doubt most of the people rioting last August even know where Iran is.

This is what I mean about playing to a domestic audience. Iranian leaders have to say this sort of thing otherwise they are considered weak. It doesn't mean they will actually do it.

Another war would not play favourably with either the UK or US public so how can it be playing to a domestic audience?

Strong words against Iran plays well during elections. Doesn't mean the US will bomb Iran.