SOYO - what's it like?

What is SOYO like on a Saturday night? What sort of music, what age range? Thanks for any info.:)

http://soyo.me/

Mainly under 30 age group. Chart and dance music in main room and 90's RnB in Yo Bar.

It's a good night. Busiest between 11 and 1. Open till 1.30.

Edited by investigator

Thanks Investigator. Will prob give it a try even tho a little over 30!!:cool:

I've been in a few times and although they do try and get local music and artists performing, the atmosphere doesn't reflect this effort, it can feel hollow and dark.

The crowds, especially at weekend are on the chavy side, weeknights are packed with students and drink offers.

not much more to say.

It's like a large room which serves alcohol and plays music. I really can't tell the difference between this and the hundreds of other similar bars around the city centre

Soyo always gets slated but looks to be one of the "classier" bars in town?

reeeally tasty and cheap cocktail pitchers, the clientele is a little chavvy but it's to be expected, just west street types.

Soyo always gets slated but looks to be one of the "classier" bars in town?

Classier? It's a polo-shirt chav haven

I never realised this place was a bar, I've driven past it several times recently and thought it was a needle exchange or a drug rehab centre or something. I'm not talking about clientele as I've never seen any, just the look of the sign and the building and door.

I've been in a few times and although they do try and get local music and artists performing, the atmosphere doesn't reflect this effort, it can feel hollow and dark.

The crowds, especially at weekend are on the chavy side, weeknights are packed with students and drink offers.

not much more to say.

Mondays at SOYO give a platform to a huge number of local bands and live artists who get to showcase their talent to a busy room of like minded people.

SOYO events throughout the week and weekend are very eclectic, obviously not ever bar is to to everyones taste but it is a professionally run and safe venue.

http://live.soyo.me/wp-content/gallery/tramlines-sunday/img_5751.jpg

http://live.soyo.me/wp-content/gallery/mon-7th-nov/mon-7th-nov-with-logo-106.jpg

It's like a large room which serves alcohol and plays music. I really can't tell the difference between this and the hundreds of other similar bars around the city centre

Classier? It's a polo-shirt chav haven
Have you actually been? I'm assuming you go regularly since you seem to know all about it