It's been quiet on here for a while!

Crochet piggies - trying to work out if I can do it with wire for 3D wire crochet piggies....

Crochet piggies - trying to work out if I can do it with wire for 3D wire crochet piggies....

I've started something here :D

I'm still knitting egg heads and chickens, the ones that hold a cream egg, and the egg heads remind me of the flumps, my hubby thinks they're up to no good on the kitchen unit every time he looks there seems to be another one, I will take a picture of them, and show you

I made a hat, a special request for my son. It's not for him, he'd done the usual and promised it to someone before he asked me. Even my mother recognised it as R2D2 and it fits so overall it's a win. Two balls of Cascade 220 and a few scraps of black and red would probably get you two hats, I seem to have a load left although I didn't think to weigh the leftovers.

I made a hat, a special request for my son. It's not for him, he'd done the usual and promised it to someone before he asked me. Even my mother recognised it as R2D2 and it fits so overall it's a win. Two balls of Cascade 220 and a few scraps of black and red would probably get you two hats, I seem to have a load left although I didn't think to weigh the leftovers.

Nice hat wfb :D

I'm kicking this one back to the top as I'm too idle to start a new thread. I've knitted a hat for a sock monkey tonight, a nice three pointed affair that is drying now. At the weekend I knitted a sweater for a sock monkey, it had a slot for the tail and some interesting shaping. Their chins are below their arms and they have no shoulders worth speaking of.

I sketched a design for a cardigan though so it's not all monkey business.

I've been busy knitting kittens, and I've just finished an owl.

I've been knitting a doll from "Knitting for Gold" which was given to me as a leaving present from my last rotation.

I'm going to work out how to make an OT uniform for it instead of the sports kit, so the team can have an office mascot :)

I've been waylaid by a baby hat though, as she goes on maternity leave very soon!

I finished my three cornered monkey hat, one thing led to another and the sock monkey ended up as Captain Jack Gibbon, master of the Black Banana. It's not a terribly good way of using up yarn bits but it was fun. I'm just getting to the ruffle on a baby hat (sock monkey sized again) and then I have to figure out how to knit a nappy.

Photos here

I've now become slightly addicted to chicken egg cozies...

First two

I've done three more since these two, I think I need an 'eyes and beaks' session!

I've just finished packing my first parcel for an online charity knitting group containing teddies & bags, adult, child & baby hats, baby bootees, lap blankets & cat blankets. I've been doing prem cardies for a couple of years but decided to have a break and like the variety this group offers. Hope my first offerings make the grade!

i'm now learning to knitting or crocheting dress in the summer, can you give me some good suggestions?