The unwanted pets?

chem1st

Half tempted to get a pet.

Will get one from rescue, if I do.

Only really considered cats and dogs. But I live on my own and wouldn't always have enough time for a dog, and there are main/busy roads nearby so I'm not inclined to get a cat! (Although only in one direction...).

Any suggestions of pets that would be somewhat easy to look after with regards to time required, and ones that would otherwise not find an home?

How about a dog you can have evenings and weekends?

Support Dogs go to a home of evenings and weekends, but spend weekdays in training. During your holidays, cover is arranged with fosters

I'd be able to look after a dog most of the time, there would be the odd occasion i would need somebody to walk it, and its a bit unfair to be relying on neighbours. I'm after full ownership of a pet like.

What about a couple of ferrets?

Never had one myself, but they are meant to be pretty interactive and friendly.

If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth.If wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error JS Mill

How about this cat, Sassy?

http://www.thornberry-animal-sanctuary.org/animals2.php?cat=R

It says she needs to be a housecat because of an illness so would suit you down to the ground.

Why don't you ring a rescue centre and speak to them as they will probs be the best people to recommend a pet for you and may even have one in to recommend.

Hope you find your companion :)

Guinea pigs - fat, never stop eating, nice natured, live in a cage and are quite expressive with there squeaking and chuckling- the downside, because they are always eating you need to clean their cages every 2/3 days. But, they are quite nice little animals to have.

Some cats actually need to be kept indoors for different reasons, most rescue centres will have cats like that.

Ferrets are fantastic, 2 girls can live inside or out, they will sleep while you are at work (they do naturally sleep for a good 20 hours a day) but they do need attention and would need to be out and playing with you for a couple of hours in the evening, ferrets do not have much smell if you keep them clean and if you get an adult pair that are nip trained they don't bite (my 8 never bite) they are intelligent and love people, they are like perpetual puppies/kittens and never grow up.