Anyone want to go for a nice walk?

sarahfrog

Don't worry, not at the moment while the weather can't make its mind up! I'm talking about April, 22nd, to be precise.

A sponsored dog walk for Thornberry Animal Sanctuary, starting at about 9.30am and wandering through Anston Stones Wood, across A57 through Lindrick Dale, down to the Chesterfield Canal and back to Thornberry through South Anston - approx 15 miles. Anybody up for it?

Sponsor forms are available in reception at Thornberry, so if you want to join in, come down and get one.

PS: bring a light picnic, we'll be having one along the canal. It'll be a social ramble through some nice scenery and places of historical interest.

Hi Sarah

I think I'll be able to join you :)

Will dogs be allowed off lead for any of the walk? I'll be able to bring my little cocker but I think it's too far for a daft dane lol.

Sounds like fun.

Terri

Hi Terri,

Would love for you to join us - it's just going to be a nice stroll or steady walk, not a forced march! I guess dogs with their owners can go off at some points; obviously, anyone with a sanctuary homeless dog can't! You know your dog and you know how they will react in various areas or situations, so feel free.

See you soon. Sarah

Will people be able to take sanctuary dogs with them? If my husband can get the day off work and come too we will be able to walk a rescue dog too.

Looking forward to it already. Hope we can get lots of people to join in.

Hi Sarah

Are the sponsor forms available to download and print off at home? It would make it a bit easier for people to get sponsors. If not, i could pop it on my website for people to download if you could email it to me?

Thank you

Hi I will check what I am doing that day but possibly Id be interested with my three though with Poppy she can only walk so far so dont all laugh at me but have had to buy a rucksack that she can go in as she loves being out but her little legs cant go on as far as my two spaniels!!

So if you see an idiot walking around with a rucksack and jack russell hanging out of the back of it and the jack russell looking quite happy and content that would be me and Poppy!!

Edited by danamy

Hello all. Sponsor forms are being prepared as we speak, to download from our website; if this is not an option for some of you, or you are busy and would like me to post forms to you, just drop me a pm. The more the merrier.

Regards distance, its difficult to shorten it, but bogwoppitt, it is going to be leisurely - I don't do galloping anymore, you miss the scenery. I don't want people to go marching off and we can stop for a breather anytime you like - last time - a different route - we stopped about 4 or 5 times to admire the view, or let people have a rest, and nobody minded, it is a social thing for humans and dogs.

Thanks, I will definitely consider. Gruff is suffering a bit with stiffness at the moment. I'm just starting him on some cod liver oil and devil's claw so will see how a few weeks on that does him. I do have another dog, could just leave him at home - but he loves his walks so seems like a shame!