Cash left in Cash Machine

Today while walking by a Cash Machine I noticed some unfortunate person had walked away without taking their money.

Needless to say I handed in all in inside at the bank. (I have since been told the machine would take it back in after after a set time but a few dodgy looking people were already eyeing it up).

Anyway... I waited in the queue and got to the cashier, I handed it through the glass and said "Someone has left this in the machine outside" the reply I got was "ya what?" so I repeated myself.

I got one of the most confused looks from the cashier, as if it was unheard of for people to be honest these days.

I hope the person/people who left it behind got reunited with their money!.

I'll go pat myself on the back now! :D

Well I'll say 'thank you Nat' on behalf of whoever lost money. Well done, Sheffield could do with more people like you. If only the Banks (or their employees) would understand this. Great, good on you. Thanks.

I was behind a guy at the cash machine who walked away without taking his cash, when i shouted him back he couldnt believe he'd done it and it was all his weekly wages he drawn out.

I hope you get reunited with it if they don't.

I wouldn't take it on the principle that it isn't mine.

Sadly, whether one could trust the person whom you hand it on to is another matter.

Well done you, anyhow.

I'd lay odds the person who left it behind won't see sight of it again...

best thing to do in that situation imo, is 'stand guard' at the ATM, until it swallows the cash back... that way whoever withdrew it would get a refund.

Well if everyone thought like that no on would ever bother doing what is right!

I'd lay odds the person who left it behind won't see sight of it again...

best thing to do in that situation imo, is 'stand guard' at the ATM, until it swallows the cash back... that way whoever withdrew it would get a refund.

Didn't feel like wrestling with the people eyeing it up :D

Even if they don't get it back for a little while i'll feel good that I did a nice thing!

Though first thing my Husband said was I bet the cashier pocketed it. haha

Today while walking by a Cash Machine I noticed some unfortunate person had walked away without taking their money.

Needless to say I handed in all in inside at the bank. (I have since been told the machine would take it back in after after a set time but a few dodgy looking people were already eyeing it up).

Anyway... I waited in the queue and got to the cashier, I handed it through the glass and said "Someone has left this in the machine outside" the reply I got was "ya what?" so I repeated myself.

I got one of the most confused looks from the cashier, as if it was unheard of for people to be honest these days.

I hope the person/people who left it behind got reunited with their money!.

I'll go pat myself on the back now! :D

you did a good honest deed, and their should be more like you,well done, if the machine if given the chance without someone nickin it, would have clawed it back and then credited it back to his account, but you handed it over the counter, how will they know who's account to credit it too, they should have took your name and adresse, so the money if not claimed be given to you,or the bank will claim it, plus if the person geos and reports they forgot to take their money and gets it reinbursrt, that person should be as honourable as you and give you a reward, you deserve it.

I would have taken the money and ran.

hope you loose some money one day, you've already lost your integrity, that's if you ever had any! you probably don't know what integrity means.