Tracing the Warrender family history

Hi Tara Misu, Maybe not much use at all, but there was a June Warrender in the same school year as myself at Owler Lane Intermediate school in the late 50's.

That meant she was born between Sept '43 to Aug. '44.

I have some links on my PC at home which I will check later after work

Hi Tara Misu, Maybe not much use at all, but there was a June Warrender in the same school year as myself at Owler Lane Intermediate school in the late 50's.

That meant she was born between Sept '43 to Aug. '44.

I have some links on my PC at home which I will check later after work

Hi Born Lucky. Yes. I am that June Warrender.

WOW! Small world huh?

Sorry I didn't get back to you last night, the Great Firewall of China was blocking my mail server :o(

Hopefully I can get back on line later this evening, in which case I'll send you a PM if there is anything confidential to tell.

My stepfather was called Edward Warrender, he had a twin bother - they lived in Woodseats.

My stepfather passed away 10 years ago.

Can t help with family history but not having seen you since you lived on the Manor Estate, Tara Misu I m glad you are alive and well

Can t help with family history but not having seen you since you lived on the Manor Estate, Tara Misu I m glad you are alive and well

Well Clue Less, you obviously know who I am but I have not a clue who you are. Please give me a hint. Yes I am alive and well. NOw 71 years old and sometimes feeling it, but still here. Hope you are ok.

---------- Post added 13-07-2015 at 22:04 ----------

My stepfather was called Edward Warrender, he had a twin bother - they lived in Woodseats.

My stepfather passed away 10 years ago.

Hi John Habs. I think we are related in the distant past. There were so many Edwards in the family, along with the Josephs. My granddads father was Edward Warrender, and he had a brother Edward. When their biological father died the mother married an Edward Simcox from Birmingham and he brought his children and settled in Sheffield. My own father was Albert Edward.

---------- Post added 13-07-2015 at 22:06 ----------

Hi there, are you still looking into the warrender family tree? My mum was born a Warrender in Sheffield in 1944, and I've been helping her to research the Warrender family tree. Her dad was William (Bill) and her grandad was Edward Warrender (born 1885) who was married to Edith (nee Dransfield). We have also traced back to the Warrenders came from Darfield, going back as far as Joseph Warrender, who was born around 1739 and married Ann Chatterton in 1766.

I wonder if you and my mum are related?

I think I am probably your mothers cousin.

Well Clue Less, you obviously know who I am but I have not a clue who you are. Please give me a hint. Yes I am alive and well. NOw 71 years old and sometimes feeling it, but still here. Hope you are ok.

---------- Post added 13-07-2015 at 22:04 ----------

Hi John Habs. I think we are related in the distant past. There were so many Edwards in the family, along with the Josephs. My granddads father was Edward Warrender, and he had a brother Edward. When their biological father died the mother married an Edward Simcox from Birmingham and he brought his children and settled in Sheffield. My own father was Albert Edward.

---------- Post added 13-07-2015 at 22:06 ----------

I think I am probably your mothers cousin.

Hi Tara,

Re: Edward Warrender / Woodseats

My stepfather's first name was Reginald ( middle name Edward ) but he didn't like to be called that so used his middle name as his first one - as well as a twin brother called Alan, I believe he also had a younger sister who died during the war........I don't know a great deal about her though.

Hi Tara,

Re: Edward Warrender / Woodseats

My stepfather's first name was Reginald ( middle name Edward ) but he didn't like to be called that so used his middle name as his first one - as well as a twin brother called Alan, I believe he also had a younger sister who died during the war........I don't know a great deal about her though.

Hi John

Edward and Alan warrender were my mothers ( Hilda mary ) brothers the other sister was Joyce, Alan died last month having out lived all his siblings..

Some other Warrenders that may be of interest/relevance

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/military-obituaries/naval-obituaries/8702850/Simon-Warrender.html

and his wife - of the Myer family dynasty - major retailer in Australia

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pamela-Myer-Warrender-PAMELA-IN-HER-OWN-RIGHT-1st-Edition-HC-Book-/151255541669

Some other Warrenders that may be of interest/relevance

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/military-obituaries/naval-obituaries/8702850/Simon-Warrender.html

and his wife - of the Myer family dynasty - major retailer in Australia

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pamela-Myer-Warrender-PAMELA-IN-HER-OWN-RIGHT-1st-Edition-HC-Book-/151255541669

Ha ha. Thanks for that, but somehow I think these people are not related, only in a very, very, past life.

HI Tara I m well and thanks for asking. You won t remember me I was just a teenager who lived on the lower Manor and met you and your friend Ann occasionally when you walked down to Bouden Homestead

HI Tara I m well and thanks for asking. You won t remember me I was just a teenager who lived on the lower Manor and met you and your friend Ann occasionally when you walked down to Bouden Homestead

Clue Less. I still don't know who you are, but Anne Wheelhouse was my friend along with others. We were also friends with a Ronnie Parkes who lived on Pipworth Road. and a Malcolm Corker who lived higher up the Manor. Yes. Quite a gang of us used to walk through Bowden Woods to the Octopus at Handsworth.