Golf balls flying around our parks.

This morning I took my dog for a walk in the park and was narrowly missed by a flying golf ball. A chap about 200 yards away was using the park to practice his swing. A few moments later another ball landed about 20 metres away. Surely this contravenes some by-law or other.

Lucky you weren't hit. Not really a good idea practicing golf in a public area like that.

Sounds like he needs to practice more if he missed you.

It does seem a particularly selfish thing to do in a public park.

I've been hit by a golfball its not pleasent

It does seem a particularly selfish thing to do in a public park.

If it happens on a regular basis, inform the Parks Department:

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/out--about/parks-woodlands--countryside.html

They have the legal power to remove anyone infringing the byelaws and fine them up to £5!

More to the point...if one shot nearly hit you and the next one was 20 metres away, may I suggest you point him in the direction of a PGA qualified pro. He needs some help with his swing.

Cheaper than the average driving range then :(

£5 was a lot of money in 1966 when they wrote the byelaws! The legal right to eject the malfeasant is probably more useful these days.

I've just walked my dog through Graves and some nutter was driving golf balls from the cricket pitch towards a group of young kids who were kicking a football in one of the goals provided for the purpose. That's not to mention the divots he was ripping out of the cricket pitch.

It's a sunny Sunday and the park is packed with kids and folk walking their dogs and still these guys think it's OK to whack golf balls around. Where were they when the brains were handed out?