Are you brand loyal?

I’m with all the brand snobs out there…everything electrical in my pad is Sony – tv, dvd, ps2, hi-fi, 5.1 amp, netMD and so on… Don’t believe in own-brand anything – maybe that’s to do with the packaging, but it just says ‘for poor people only’ to me, but then again I’m just a snob! :P

Agree totally with the Sony thing - love all their stuff. Need a huge WEGA telly when i win the lottery !

Gonna go visit Netto some day this week to check out their stuff - been told they have good Rose, will go pick random selection of items and see what they are like :P

Guest sat1983

I'd probably say I'm brand orientated. ..Well.. 90% of the time. For food i can get supermarkets own brand.

Electronics has to be sony all the way, can accept Panasonic!

Clothes, is very brand orientated too but I have bought stuff from H&M which isn't really a brand..

Of late ive gone a bit brand consious regarding clothes..

I bought two Jasper Conrad shirts and then two quiksilver shirts (not t's)

Then I bought two no-name pairs of trousers LOL.

In regards to sony; TVs yes, Camcorders/Cameras yes, VHS/DVD yup.. Music device nope! (Apple w00t), Console nope (Nintendo for me ;))

and since my first post:

Beer: i dont drink
its now "Select belgian beers" ;)

Dont worry folks - liking Sony gear doesnt make you a snob - its not that good. Over priced middle of the road stuff, there are many, many better quality and more exclusive brands. Most self-respecting hi-fi shops dont even stock Sony, and if they do, they view it as a poor relation!

Nothing wrong with 'own brand' goods though - as someone said mostly they are made by the big name brands for the supermarket or whatever - but there are always some things that cant be replicated. I've never had a decent 'Irn-Bru' other than Barrs!:D

Originally posted by floyd77

Dont worry folks - liking Sony gear doesnt make you a snob - its not that good. Over priced middle of the road stuff, there are many, many better quality and more exclusive brands. Most self-respecting hi-fi shops dont even stock Sony, and if they do, they view it as a poor relation!

Nothing wrong with 'own brand' goods though - as someone said mostly they are made by the big name brands for the supermarket or whatever - but there are always some things that cant be replicated. I've never had a decent 'Irn-Bru' other than Barrs!:D

Totally agree there on all points!

Netto in Chesterfield is getting its act together on fruit and veg and their prices are loads cheaper than the "new revamped" Kwik Slave just down the road, and their beers and wines are dollops cheaper than most other places...and no I dont work for them, and has anyone else noticed the "brand" snobs who go into Netto, Aldi, Lidl etc and then put their shopping into M&S or Sainsburys carrier bags so the neighbours dont know where they shop.

Lets see.

I always buy Dentyl Mouthwash, Head and Shoulders Shampoo, Boots Non- Fluoride Toothpaste and Co-op Razors.

Batteries HAVE to be duracell. They seriously do last the longest, its not just marketing crap. I have tried several brands of batteries to run things like my walkman, mp3 player, remote controls, etc, and duracell beats them all by a long shot. Credit where credits due, and in my experience duracell are the best by far.

I tried asda smart price AA batteries for my digital camera and they wont even power it up!

Lets see.

I always buy Dentyl Mouthwash, Head and Shoulders Shampoo, Boots Non- Fluoride Toothpaste and Co-op Razors.

I'm glad to see you gave yourself plenty time to consider your answer to the original question! :)

I am loyal to Bose sound systems, Sony stuff and Stella Artois.

The rest can poke it.

I'm quite brand loyal on some things now I'm thinking about it...

I have to wash my clothes in Surf Small & Mighty... great when its on offer in the Co Op at £3 for the big bottles :) I also have to use Comfort, I won't even use Lenor.

Shampoo, only ever use Herbal Essences. Deodorant has to be Sure.

Coffee has to be Nescafe, and Tetley tea.

I only buy Warburtons bread, Muller Yoghurts, McCain chips, Goodfellas pizza, Ambrosia custard, Anchor squirty cream, HP beans, heinz sauces...

If I can get any of them on offer, all the better!

Never really noticed before, but yes, I guess I am :hihi: