Washing machine help!!

not sure if this is in right section but here goes,

i have a hoover new wave +5 other day it had a leak on inlet pipe behind valve solenoid that controls water intake noticed water under machine and a hissing noise sorted this but as the entire machine had water all over it i allowed it to dry but now when i put on wash it hardly lets any water into machine. and when i put fast spin on drum turns very slowly and just wont spin fast could it be that water has got into timer or something i am now baffled any help would be appriciated????:huh::huh::huh:

Sounds like a level switch fault. The machine thinks its full of water and that's why it dosnt fill or spin..

Sounds daft as it may seem, like a blockage on the inlet somewhere, hence the pressure causing the leak. I have to point out at this stage that I know nothing about washers.

but if you have a leak on the input to it won't be getting to any sort of level that would require the spin and empty, or am I way out here ?

If water is going in slow then won't it carry on getting rid slow as its entering the drum ?

Like I said I have no idea, but if you mess with switches and sensor's and its a blockage then you will have wasted your time, I would start at the first point and that sounds like an input to me.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why a Sunday dinner tastes better at this time of night than in the day with the Family ?

sorted thanx guys but it was water on pump motor causing it not to empty properly which was also causing the water level switch to stay on and hence drum wouldnt spin !!!

Edited by vize

sunday dinners taste good anytime lol!!!

Im glad you managed to sort it but normally in a situation such as this i just recommend people "wash" there hands of it.