Car Wash/Valeting Thread- No Advertising

I'd do it, but for a no stone un-turned job it would take me most of the day and cost ya £50. pm me if your interested

Do you clay the car? can you remove swrills marks? can you remove light scrathes?

I have had my car valeted by a mobile car valeter found of this forum and I would definaletly recomend him, I found him in jobs wanted, his number is 0114 2831776

Jean

I second the endorsement for Dave who has now been twice to do my car. My car is red and was looking almost pink because the paintwork was so dull. It now looks like new and is gleaming and shining

Dave is a really genuine and nice bloke who takes total pride in his work and stays for longer than he should just to make sure the job is well done. I cannot recommend him highly enough

0114 283 1776 or 07814 746153

Well, can't beet multiple recommendations, can you.

Thinks I will try him next time.

Never wash ya car wi washing up liquid cos it attacks the laquer and those plastic wipers what they use instead of leathers are THE WORST unless your wantin that wood grain effect in your paint.

Are you all feelin beta knowin this.

Yes - up to a point, :) but what should we be using to wash the car and cause the least damage to the paintwork ?

Alwyas willing to accept advice from experts.

Car shampoo, don't be fooled by the marketing, some turtlewax or something will do.

Before you start rinse the grit off the car.

Make sure the sponge is spotless, if you drop it either throw it away or make sure there is no grit in it.

Never let the bucket go down to minimum as you may end up picking the dirt up from the bottom of the bucket.

I second the endorsement for Dave who has now been twice to do my car. My car is red and was looking almost pink because the paintwork was so dull. It now looks like new and is gleaming and shining

Dave is a really genuine and nice bloke who takes total pride in his work and stays for longer than he should just to make sure the job is well done. I cannot recommend him highly enough

What's he like with the interiors. Our car could really do with a good clean. The seats are especially in need of some attention as my daughter keeps spilling juice everywhere. I was going to buy some seat covers but thought it would be worth having them cleaned properly first.

I can't vouch much for his work on interiors as my car didn't need much done but I would reckon he would be pretty good and well worth a try. If you ring him and tell him what it's like and what you want, I think he'll say if he doesn't think he can fix it.

Good luck!

use a clay bar to remove grit from the car, then wash with a mitt - two buckets of water, one with just water in it, the other with hot soapy water in it.

each panel of the car you do, wash mitt in clean water then reapply soapy water for next panel of car and repeat until car complete :)

I cannot recommend him highly enough

Any chance Dave might be reading the thread and give us some info re prices? Does he come to the house? Does he have a base somewhere?