Car Wash/Valeting Thread- No Advertising

Where is the best place to go to get my car valeted in the north end of the city, top to bottom, inside out? No stone left unturned job...

Edited by nikki-red

Not quite the North side (but almost).....

the Sheffield Community Transport garage on Shalesmoor, they use the proper industrial equipment they use on their buses and I have always been well chuffed for the cost. Just call in to make an appointment.

Where is the best place to go to get my car valeted in the north end of the city, top to bottom, inside out? No stone left unturned job...

I've only been to one place, and that's on Holme Lane, Hillsborough.

They did an OK job, though the inside of the windows were a bit smeary when it steamed up the next time.

squeaky clean on herries road. next to firvale motorist centre are supposed to be really good and cheap!

I'd do it, but for a no stone un-turned job it would take me most of the day and cost ya £50. pm me if your interested

Cheers for that people. I was looking more interior to be honest. Just bought a used car and I'm a bit concerned about sitting in it without a carrier bag under my arse...

for a proper detailing to your car that will have it shining like new, not scratch your paintwork with sponges etc like valeters - see http://www.finerdetails.co.uk :)

Is that your website or a friends? Just the thumbnail images need resizing as they take ages to load.

He seems to employ the same stages I do too my car. I operate the duster test on mine. If I can throw a duster on any sloped part of the vehicle (i.e bonnet) and it slides off then it has passed. If it doesn't then more hard work is needed.

Perhaps I shoud start doing some work in my part-time, I could do with the money :)

its a guy I know off the car club i belong too - he's very good.

NEVER wash your car or let someone wash your car with just a sponge or one of those jet wash style brushes - come to think of it, nor a car wash as it will scratch your car.

Never wash ya car wi washing up liquid cos it attacks the laquer and those plastic wipers what they use instead of leathers are THE WORST unless your wantin that wood grain effect in your paint.

Are you all feelin beta knowin this.

Never wash ya car wi washing up liquid cos it attacks the laquer

It isn't that it contains salt and do you really want to be giving your car a salt bath?