Hillsborough school

Hi Sandra. I thought it had to be you. I've just been looking at a photograph of when we were in the school play in 1955. Susan Styans and Phyllis Bullas were the king and queen, Yvonne Reed and I were prince and Princess, Christine Thurtle and Caroline Phelan were the pages, and you and Jun Briggs were the old hags ... That figures LOL. Let me know how and I'll get a copy off to you?

Roy Turtons been in touch, he's emailing me some incidents from that era, do you remember any, and do you mind being named in the book?

Let me know whereabouts you are.... Still off Broughton road, and what you're up to nowadays.

Love, Jackie

Hello Jackie

I do not have enough posts yet to pm you but I will do. Was the play Babushka? I was a peasant or an hag I can't remember which. I think I could be both now without rehearsing...

would love a copy of it. I remember lots of things from hillsborough school.lovely to hear from you Sandra

Edited by hillgirl
mistake

Hi Hillsbro

I know a Glenys who lives in NZ, she lived in Hillsbro but when her married a second time they moved to Worrall. I just wondered if it was the same person. If ot is she now lives in Nelson, NZ. It could just be coincidence. Do you know if she did live in Worrall?

Happy Days! PopT

Hi PopT

No, the Glenis I knew is still in Australia. She went there in 1967 to join her older sister and brother. The last time I saw her was in Dublin in 1989; her husband was an Australian consul in the embassy there. All four Allan children went to Hillsborough School - Christine (b. 1940) Charles (1941), John (1946) and Glenis (1948 ).

Edited by hillsbro